New monitoring setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New monitoring setup

I'm looking to get some power monitoring setup, and I'm wondering if I should go for a 1240 or a GEM? What are the disadvantages of the 1240? I see that Brultech are still selling both, so I'm a little confused.

G

I purchased the 1240 units before the GEM was released but never got around to installing them. When the GEM came out I got that because the built-in networking made it less of a project to get installed so I could find time to get it done. Was going to use the 1240s to monitor a sub-panel but then found the Aeotec Z-wave monitor and was able to get it accomplished quicker.with that. I suggest you look at what is involved with getting 1240s linked up to Homeseer and if it looks reasonable I know where you can pick some up cheap. For easier installation though I prefer the GEM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post
      I'm looking to get some power monitoring setup, and I'm wondering if I should go for a 1240 or a GEM? What are the disadvantages of the 1240?
      If you can get the 1240 really cheap (as in free), it might be an option, but I'd recommend the GEM. It's much more capable and provides considerably more granularity.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
      X