Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Gem Channel Names Don't update Device names in HS4

Here's my problem....
    Due to some recent electrical modifications I needed to change the names originally given to some of the channels in the Gem's.
    That went just fine. I bounced the PI hoping to see the the device names in HS4 update, unfortunately they did not update as I was hoping for.

I realize the following note from the PI install guide "Note: Once a HomeSeer device is created, the plug-in will not overwrite any of the device properties, so feel free to modify the name, location and location2 properties as you see fit." However I would not think just updating the device name as pulled from the Gem should be any big deal especially since, if fully configured, a single GEM circuit could have 10 or more devices configured in HS.

In my attempts to resolve my problem, I have restarted the PI, and HS various times without success. I even tried disabling the channel in the PI and then re-enabling but that was unsuccessful also.

I really don't want to drop my current devices to have them rebuilt, unfortunately I didn't make sure all channel names were unique in the beginning before importing into HS and a few of them are the same. Yes I know silly me, what was I thinking.

Ultrajones, do you or anyone else have any recommendations on how I can accomplish updating the device names in HS or do you think some kind of "refresh" button could be implemented to accomplish this????

Regards,
    PCK
Working...
X