Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error System.OverflowException Filling up LOG file in seconds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error System.OverflowException Filling up LOG file in seconds!

Hi,
    I am a new user of ECM3. I just installed my GEM last week.
    The Plugin did work then, but now something has gone south.

I am experiencing this error below as soon as I reconnect the plugin in Homeseer.
    Does anyone know what may be causing this error?
    It just started happening, not sure what may have changed?

Also, the "LOADS" page no longer works?
    Clicking on that page just gets me a new popup box.

"Unexpected end of JSON input"

Clip from my Error log
    somewhere around 50-60 lines of errors per second...

Jan-11 10:31:07 AM 1 Error System.OverflowException
    Jan-11 10:31:07 AM 1 Error System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM3.Channel.processWattSeconds(UInt64 wattseconds, UInt64 pollseconds, Int64 seconds)
    Jan-11 10:31:07 AM 1 Error System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM3.Channel.processWattSeconds(UInt64 wattseconds, UInt64 pollseconds, Int64 seconds)
    Jan-11 10:30:23 AM Informational Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt succeeded.
    Jan-11 10:30:23 AM Informational Brultech ECM Device connection accepted on TCP Port 8002
    Jan-11 10:30:23 AM Informational Brultech ECM Device listening on TCP Port 8002 ...
    Jan-11 10:30:23 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates Connection to Brultech device '0.0.0.0:8002' was lost. Attempting to reconnect ...

Can you please try this:

1) Disable the plug-in or shutdown HomeSeer.
    2) Power cycle the GEM (there should be 2 power plugs)
    3) Re-enable the plug-in or start HomeSeer.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      Can you please try this:

I am able to remotely turn off the GEM, and remotely disable the plugin, so I did it that way.
      This fixed the errors in the log, and the "LOADS" page displays correctly now.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
        Can you please try this:

Well, the error is back.....
        System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM3.Channel.processWattSeconds(UInt64 wattseconds, UInt64 pollseconds, Int64 seconds)

The entire log, line after line, completely over running the Homeseer log file, rendering it useless.
        Rebooting the Plugin and the GEM solves the problem, only for a short period of time.

Michael

Comment

Well its been nearly a month, so I thought I would bump this post.
          I am still having this problem as seen below. Fills up Homeseer 3 Pro log almost instantly.
          Resetting the plugin, and the Greeneye Power works for less than a day...

I have tried slowing the COM port down to 19200, and adjusting the buffer packets, nothing seems to work.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Michael

Feb-09 3:21:11 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM3.Channel.processWattSeconds(UInt64 wattseconds, UInt64 pollseconds, Int64 seconds)
          Feb-09 3:21:11 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException
          Feb-09 3:21:11 PM 1 Error System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM3.Channel.processWattSeconds(UInt64 wattseconds, UInt64 pollseconds, Int64 seconds)

Comment

Please reach out to Brultech to make sure you're on the latest firmware. They can be reached at https://www.brultech.com/contact/.

As you likely discovered, the Brultech devices are very difficult to get working correctly. However, once you get it working it's typically very stable. My GEM has been working for years without a single error. I don't know why the GEM gets into a state where the data it sends cannot be parsed. In my experience, a reset resolves it.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
            X