Two GEMs to on DashBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two GEMs to on DashBox

I have two GEMs connected to a DashBox. When I connect UltraECM to the DashBox I only see the loads from one of the GEMs. Is it possible to see both in this setup or do I need to setup a second connection directly to the 2nd GEM?

Never mind, got it figured out. Assigned to different RS232 ports in packet forward option on DashBox

Comment

I am getting a glitch where I have:
      GEM1 with serial ending in ######3 as Panel 1 with 0.0.0.0:8001 (originally installed)
      GEM2 with serial ending in ######2 as Panel 2 with 0.0.0.0:8002 (added this weekend)

For some reason, in the device tab it's really difficult to get it the hold the setting as is. For example adding GEM2, then restarting plugin, the GEM2 entry reverts to the serial for GEM1 with port on GEM1. After changing various options restarting multiple times i finally get the correct settings to stick to the correct GEM, but I'm not sure if it will last.

Comment

Ok after trying many times and not seeing the pattern, I've figured it out. The trick is to act like a crazy person and change the wrong device with the other serial number.
        So if it shows
        serial end in ######3 as Panel 1 with 0.0.0.0:8001
        and
        serial end in ######3 as Panel 2 with 0.0.0.0:8002

Naturally you would think to fix the serial on panel 2 to the correct serial for panel 2 ending in ######2 in my case.
        The only thing that works is to insert the correct serial for panel 2 on panel 1 in this instance. Upon restart everything show up like it should:
        Serial ending in ######3 as Panel 1 with 0.0.0.0:8001 (originally installed)
        Serial ending in ######2 as Panel 2 with 0.0.0.0:8002

Comment

Hey Ultrajones, is there anyway to manual edit the file with the serial numbers and ports, they keep changing on me and this is getting frustrating. Both panel 1 and 2 keep reverting to the serial which ends in ######3 on it's own.

Comment

Working...
          X