This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraECM HSPI and Database Issues

I have been running UltraECM HSPI since it was released. I discovered the database purge function was taking a long time to complete which caused the database watchdog function to cancel the operation. When I manually truncated the data, it took almost 15 minutes to complete and another 15 minutes for the vacuum to complete. I came to the conclusion that purging and running vacuum was not going to work.

This is the solution I came up with:

1) I added an option to buffer the data packets and average the values prior to updating the HomeSeer device and the underlying database. The default buffer is 30 seconds. This greatly reduces the volume of data stored in the database. This solution also solves the issues with HSTouch caused by devices being updated every second.

2) I dropped support for all databases except SQLite so I could programmatically create the database and underlying tables.

3) I implemented monthly databases to improve performance and to ensure the database does not exceed 2 GB. The data is kept for 1 year before the database is eventually deleted. This solution allows me to delete a month worth of data in a few milliseconds instead of 30+ minutes.

If you purchased this plug-in, I highly recommend you install the version now available via the HomeSeer updater.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Thank you for the notice, and the revision.

I restricted input to every 30 sec and data base retention to 1 month because it seemed to be generating really large files. So far, that seems to be working fairly well.

I won't have a chance to update for a few days, how does the new version differ from what I'm doing now and should I try to update before the end of the month to avoid a problem?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

For those that recently updated, you'll need to restart HomeSeer to fix the issue that started May 1. I uploaded a version 1.1.4138.17115 to fix the database issue. Sorry for any issue that it may have caused.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I installed the latest version and it seems to have noticeably reduced the load on my HS computer, especially memory usage. A few months ago I was looking for possible sources of CPU usage and this plug-in was one that I disabled. At that time disabling it didn't seem to have any effect. Could the database issue have been a cause? That is, would it continue even if the plug-in was disabled?
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
        X