Brultech ECM Installation Screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brultech ECM Installation Screenshots

I recently re-wired my Brultech Home Energy Montiors so I no longer having wires dangling from my electrical panel I purchased all the parts at Home Depot.

I now have 2 Brultech ECM units monitoring every circuit in my panel (including my AC unit run from a separate meter).

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Attached Files
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Very cool. Looks great.

Two questions:

1. Did you install the CTs yourself or use an electrician? Brueltech says you need to use an electrician but it seems like something you could do on your own with some common sense safety precautions.

2. Looks like you used solid core CTs for most of the circuits. Is that right?

Comment

Very nice, clean.
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by BillBurn View Post
        Very cool. Looks great.

Two questions:

1. Did you install the CTs yourself or use an electrician? Brueltech says you need to use an electrician but it seems like something you could do on your own with some common sense safety precautions.
        I installed the CTs myself. However, I recommend you follow Brueltech's recommendation. There is about 30-45 minutes of work inside the electrical panel. I suggest you have the CT wires pre-labeled so you can identify them once the electrician closes up the panel. You'll also need to ensure proper orientation of the CTs so they alternate between the left and right phase.

2. Looks like you used solid core CTs for most of the circuits. Is that right?
        Yes, I used solid core micro-40 CTs for each circuit and split 100s for the left and right phase on my main panel and split 60s on my AC panel.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
        X