This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UltraECM2 HSPI - Final Beta

I am releasing the *final* beta of UltraECM2 HSPI. This plug-in is compatible with the Brultech ECM-1240 or the Brultech GreenEye Energy Monitor (GEM). The plug-in connects directly to the Brultech devices without the need for the Brultech EngineG software.

Install Instructions:
    • Remove any UltraECM HomeSeer devices, then shutdown HomeSeer.
    • Uninstall UltraECM HSPI version 1 or the first beta of UltraECM2 HSPI.
    • Manually remove the databases in \data\UltraECM or \data\UltraECM2
    • Disable the Brultech EngineG software and shutdown the program.
    • Download and install UltraECM2.
    • Restart HomeSeer.
    • Confirm you have UltraECM2 in the plug-in menu.

Setting Initial Options:
    • From UltraECM2 > Options, select an initial data packet buffer = 1.
    • Select the Device Value you want to use (e.g. multiplied by 100)
    • Save options.

Setting Options on GEM:
    • Update the firmware on your GEM to the latest version (recommend).
    • Connect to your GEM via a web browser, then enter setup mode.
    • Select Packet Send, then select a primary packet format of 5: Bin48-NET and select an 8 sec send internal.
    • If you are connected via Serial, then no additional changes are needed.
    • Under Network > Remote Host, enter the IP address of your HomeSeer system and port 8000, then click Save. This is server mode, so you'll want to use client mode within the UltraECM2 plug-in (e.g. 0.0.0.0:8000).

Setting Options on the ECM-1240:
    • Default options should work. You want to the output in binary format.

Setting Initial Device Configuration:
    • From UltraECM2 > Devices, enter a device serial number of 1 (of if you have the serial number, you can enter it).
    • Enter the device name (e.g. Basement)
    • Select the Brultech Device Type (e.g. GreenEye)
    • Select the connection type (e.g. Ethernet or Serial). If you select Serial, you'll need to enter COM:1 (or whatever com port you use). If you select Ethernet, you'll need to enter the IP_addressort for server mode or 0.0.0.0ort for client mode.
    • Click the + icon to add the device. The initial add may take a few seconds on slow computers, so please wait for it to complete.
    • The plug-in should connect to your Brultech device within 1 minute.

Known Issues:
    • Pulse counters not 100% complete.

Download URL:
    [URL REMOVED]
    Please post questions or issues.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Last edited by Ultrajones; July 20, 2013, 08:17 PM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Video Demonstration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4OPjhfoRZM
    Last edited by Ultrajones; May 26, 2013, 09:44 AM.
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

What does this mean?

I have no devices showing
      Attached Files

Comment

It means you didn't delete the old database before installing the final beta. There were a lot of database scheme changes made.

Regards,
        Ultrajones

Comment

I did remove the old ECM2 database. There is an old ECM1 database still there. Does it have to go also?

Comment

Search for and remove brultech_ultraecm2*.db3, then restart HomeSeer. That should fix the issue.

You can also try to manually removing the following, then reinstalling the plug-in:

\HomeSeer HS2\html\hspi_ultraecm2
            \HomeSeer HS2\html\Images\hspi_ultraecm2
            \HomeSeer HS2\data\UltraECM2

Regards,
            Ultrajones

Comment

I am good now. There were three databases 2 that were created by this beta, and the old one that I failed to remove. I told it to go but it didn't. Sorry for the trouble....

Gene

Comment

Seems to working well, love the new dashboard!

What do the "POST" and "Main" on the channels do? I have them disabled on some devices and the homeseer devices update, what will be missing?

Comment

The main checkbox tells the plug-in the channel is to be included when calculating the daily KWh sum for cost calculations. When the POST checkbox is enabled, it causes the plug-in to include it when posting data to SmartEnergyGroups.com. When you disable it device, it just excludes it from the dashboard. The underling data is still tracked and HomeSeer devices are updated if you have those enabled.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

Thanks, makes sense, I've not setup SEG yet, next to do

Comment

Errors

UJ, I attached HS log With errors and warning. It is at about 10:am.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                        UJ, I attached HS log With errors and warning. It is at about 10:am.
                        Hello. Can you tell me how you have your 1-wire sensors connected to the Greeneye?

Comment

1-Wire Sensors

UJ,

My GEM is located Outside in a weather proof box at the Service Entrance. I have one sensor in the Box with the GEM, 4 temperature sensors at a junction point next to the inside house sub panel. Approximately 65 ' away (cat 6). Temp #1 - GEM, Temp #2 inside equipment room, Temp #3 wiring closet, Temp #4 attic.

Gene

Comment

Originally posted by rhodesep View Post
                            UJ,

My GEM is located Outside in a weather proof box at the Service Entrance. I have one sensor in the Box with the GEM, 4 temperature sensors at a junction point next to the inside house sub panel. Approximately 65 ' away (cat 6). Temp #1 - GEM, Temp #2 inside equipment room, Temp #3 wiring closet, Temp #4 attic.

Gene
                            I believe you may be experiencing issues with your 1-wire network. At the junction point, did you split the 1-Wire bus to extend the 1-wire network in multiple branches? If yes, did you add 100 ohm resistors on each of the sensors to reduce reflections?

Comment

SEG up and running

Just to let you know, I setup SEG over the weekend and it seems to be working perfectly, they had some issues over the weekend collecting via the API but it is working very well this morning.

One minor UI limitation I noticed is you can't enable the homeseer device for kWh yesterday if you don't enable the W yesterday. Is this by design?

Comment

Working...
                              X