Greeneye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeneye

For those who bought the Greeneye, how did you order it?

I don't see any phone number for this company and have spoke to them on email.

My question is how did everyone purchase their order from them and how long did it take to get.

I excited to get this and want to coordinate with the electrician.
    HSPro: 3.0.0.194
    PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
    HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

brultech

http://www.brultech.com/store/

Comment

Thanks.

I placed my order and it seems this is coming from Canada. Anyone know how long it takes this company to process their orders and what the delivery times are like?
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

About 7 to 10 days ...
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Re: Greeneye

Excellent. Never been more excited and can't wait to start graphing our electrical usage.

Looking into 1 wire sensors/counters for this as that will follow the install. Our panel maxed out all 32 channels and that's factoring 2 CBs were tied to the same channel.

I do understand that 1wire network on the Greeneye is limited to a few sensor unlike more advanced modules like the Temp08. Later I plan on adding a Temp08, but today we will start with the simple temp and counters this Greeneye offers.

With that said, does anyone have any suggestions, advice's, or lessons learned from their past experience wither its the electrical measuring side or temp/counter 1 wire.

Thanks

CharlieWayne

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Before ordering I had many questions to make sure I got the order right thee first time. Overall its a pretty simple system but the folks at Brultech were very helpful. I placed my order online and within 48 hours my package was in the mail with a 3 day expedite delivery .

One concern I had was being the leads of the CTs were only 5-6 feet that would not allow me to put the controller in a handy place (my home is slab on grade). Their techs were fast to respond and said other users extended without noticeable impacts.

Here's the info they gave me and the end user included some nice pics of their install.

"""" We’ve had people use CAT5e without issues, looks like CAT6 has a thicker gauge, I don’t think it’ll make a difference though. I’d go with whatever is cheapest.

We haven’t really done any extending ourselves, but there’s a thread here from awhile back: http://cocoontech.com/forums/topic/1...arizona-style/ with someone who has. I’d follow the advice in there. """""

Comment

A question for those who have the Greeneye or the ECM-1240..

With all the data that you have drawn from these systems, what have you done with it or how have you changed your electrical consumption?

How much has your electrical usage been reduced?

Obviously you could use Homeseer to trigger notifications or events, but what are some examples outside of receiving an email or speaker clients?

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                A question for those who have the Greeneye or the ECM-1240..

With all the data that you have drawn from these systems, what have you done with it or how have you changed your electrical consumption?

How much has your electrical usage been reduced?

Obviously you could use Homeseer to trigger notifications or events, but what are some examples outside of receiving an email or speaker clients?

I used my GEM (GreenEye) to reduce my background load. By seeing where the power was being used all the time I was able to isolate and add switches to them. For example our bed was using 15W, now homeseer turns it on and off.

The clock radio was 10W, I replaced it.

I also have a TOU rate from our power unity so if the Washer, Dishwasher, dryer etc are run during peak times I send a text message to my wife and I as a friendly reminder to not use them using peak times.

I'm also planning on making my water circulator trigger when the washer and dishwasher are used. I just need to add a temperature sensor to the water line.

Comment

Thanks for the insight Kevin I.

Overall how much reduction in usage have u seen since your install?

I'm excited to see how much were wasting. Last year I bought a Killawatt device and found the old fridge was using 450 dollars per a year. Replaced that fridge with a new one that only uses 60 dollars per a yeah. I figure between the Greeneye & Killawatt things will be looking much better in the months to come.

Comment

I trimmed around $30 per month off my bill. My power company PG&E has tiers were the power goes from 0.12c per kWh to 0.49c per kWh as you use more. I was able to get down to the first 2 tiers after installing the GEM.

I had plenty of Kill-A-Watt's before too, seeing it as an aggigate per circuit is key.

Also the GEM / ECM providing real power vs VA's was much better than the previous whole house Z-wave one I had.

Ultimately it is all about being able to see in real time, graph through SEG and trigger that makes it really cool. It is no longer a mystery where to power goes.

Comment

Made a little progress with my GreenEye install today.

The wire lengths are not long enough because I want to install the module in my electrical room and also that we have 10 foot ceilings. Had to solder and heat shrink extension onto the leads so they will reach the junction box just above the panel in the attic. From that junction box we will run CAT6 cable for the 25 foot run to the electrical room.

Here's some pics. Took me about 5 hours do all the soldering and labeling of the wires.

Maybe this week I'll get my electrician to install conduit, pull the wires, and attach the CTs.

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk 2
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by CharlieWayne; October 6, 2013, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Ultra,

I have a question about the configuration of the GreenEye and your instructions. While looking at some of the manuals it seems many versions of firmware have been updated since you wrote the instructions.

It seems I am not getting the connection between the GreenEye and your Plugin. When I follow the Network it redirects me to "Network setup is accomplished using a dedicated network setup page which is incorporated into the module".. Should I be inputting the HS IP on the data post page?

Setting Options on GEM:
                        5) Under Network > Remote Host, enter the IP address of your HomeSeer system and port 8000, then click Save. This is server mode, so you'll want to use client mode within the UltraECM2 plug-in (e.g. 0.0.0.0:8000).
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more Pics of how I installed the GreenEye.

Being we are slab on grade and the main panel that we want to supervise is in the living area, had to extend the CTs so they will reach into the attic as you will see in the previously posted pics.

In total there are 44 CTs in the panel with two wires per CT. So going into the first junction box I used 11 CAT cables to extend to the GreenEyes Location.

With both the CT extensions and CAT cables there is a total length of around 35 feet or so.

I went with the Punch Down Panel so that if any changes were needed only the jumper wires coming out of the punch down would have to be changed. Plus I think it gave it a little cleaner look.

Here they are and I will share more about the Hardware & Software but so far this is an amazing systems.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Wow!!! No wonder copper as gone up on price lol...
                            Hector
                            MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Hehehehe. Copper might have went up but I know my electric bill is coming down

The first day I found that some landscape lighting transformers were on and consuming electricity even though we don't have any loads connected to them.

I figure it will take a couple weeks to avg all our usage out before we are able to determine if any energy efficient upgrades can be made. But then even those avgs will only be seasonal avg.

Over all I'm extremely happy with this addition to our home.

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X