Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Can you put the plug-in in debug, then send me a few hundred lines of it to ultrajones@hotmail.com? Please also let me know if any of the values are updating properly.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
    If have seen this before on my system. The Brultech device can sometimes get confused and send HTML output instead of binary. Connect to your Greeneye and confirm is it set to send binary (I believe packet type 5), then power cycle the Greeneye.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Before on my old OS this never happened once ,but now it is flooding my HS log with errors and rendering my log useless.

I tried your suggestion above by selecting a different output, rebooting, selecting Packet 5 Binary, Rebooting GEM,and restarting HS but nothing diff happened.

What's diff about this setup is I had to do many resets of the GEM (using PB button on bottom) and when I was hooking it back up the RJ45 connection on Ethernet adapter was ripped off when my network switch fell. So I am using WiFi Connection now until a new ethernet card arrives.

Also if I recall from before I had the GEM set as a Client and your plugin set as a Server. But now the only way I can get the setup to work is when the GEM is in server mode and your plugin set as Client.

In summary, your plugin works with the above settings but the HS log is flooded with the above 2 errors.

Any other thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
    Ultra.

I just transferred HS to a fresh OS install and am reference getting errors that I never got before.

Can you help please.

12/13/2013 7:12:20 PM - UltraECM2 Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

12/13/2013 7:12:20 PM - UltraECM2 Error - An unexpected error occured in the processPacket() function/subroutine: [System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM2.Device.processPacket(UInt32 seconds, UInt64[] wattSeconds, UInt16 volt, UInt64[] pulseCounters, Double[] tempSensors)]
    If have seen this before on my system. The Brultech device can sometimes get confused and send HTML output instead of binary. Connect to your Greeneye and confirm is it set to send binary (I believe packet type 5), then power cycle the Greeneye.

Regards,
    Ultrajones

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Ultra.

I just transferred HS to a fresh OS install and am reference getting errors that I never got before.

Can you help please.

12/13/2013 7:12:20 PM - UltraECM2 Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

12/13/2013 7:12:20 PM - UltraECM2 Error - An unexpected error occured in the processPacket() function/subroutine: [System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow. at HSPI_ULTRAECM2.Device.processPacket(UInt32 seconds, UInt64[] wattSeconds, UInt16 volt, UInt64[] pulseCounters, Double[] tempSensors)]

Leave a comment:

• cadillackid
    replied
    OK I renamed the DB and started over, that seemed to get me much further.. although the HS devices that were created are now a mixed up mess of what existed and what it created after I renamed the DB...

so the next question is that can I alter the colors on the round "google" gauges(gauge 2)?

arent those the same as "JsGauge"? can ultraECM use 'JSGauge'?

im really looking to alter the inside ring and text colors and put them in HSTouch if that can be pulled off.. they are perfectly what I want in my HSTouch screens.. I dont have the graphic design capabilities nor software to actually design and build my own gauges...

-Christopher

Leave a comment:

• cadillackid
    replied
    I think it was a beta. Though it was licensed. I had a trial of ultraecm2. My license expired a couple months back. I finally bought a license and tried to update it and bombed out. I don't care about data but would like to not lose my homeseer devices. If I have to restyle them I guess that ok. What file do I kill?
    Christopher

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Were you running a beta version prior to updating via the HS updater? If you don't care about the data collected, you can simply rename the database and it will be re-created on the next startup.

Leave a comment:

• cadillackid
    replied
    trying to update my channels.. I click the channels button and get.

The following errors have been reported:

DataBinding: 'System.Data.DataRowView' does not contain a property with the name 'dev_enabled'.
    Unable to bind the GridView to the datasource.

under devices my GEM does show up with its serial number.. I can connect to my GEM directly OK.

I did a 'repair' and no good..

-Christopher

Leave a comment:

• Ultrajones
    replied
    Latest is 2.0.4984.19171 and it's available via the HomeSeer updater. What errors are you getting?

Leave a comment:

• cadillackid
    replied
    what is the latest version of the UltraECM2 plugin for GreenEye? and how do I get it? it seems the ultra site link doesnt work.. I buggered something up by going to the updater... so now I somehow need to get a good working set.. im getting DB errors on some of the screens...
    -Christopher

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
    What do you mean by this? Were your issues with the 1240s or were they with the old software ?

I'm curious to know if I need to expand more but don't need the capacity of another GreenEye.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    oh it is the fact that 2 kids each in MMA, Street Hockey and Travel Soccer = loss of time for my hobbies...

wasnt for the issue of any reason.. the actual units work great and were working... I was using tenholdes plugin....

see...

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Re: Greeneye

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

I have 2 x brultech 1240's and like most things I buy.. I dont get to utilizing them... they were in and kinda working..
    What do you mean by this? Were your issues with the 1240s or were they with the old software ?

I'm curious to know if I need to expand more but don't need the capacity of another GreenEye.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Last night I bought 5 temp sensors for this GreenEye. If I like these then I will order another set of 5 to utilize all 8 temp channels.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-pcs-DS18B2...E:L:OC:CA:3160

On the Cocoontech Forum several of us bought these motorized water valves. When the time comes to start installing them, I plan on looking for pulse counting water meters to report back to the GreenEye.

Lots of work ahead.

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Before buying this, I read up on the manual and everyone else's posts but even then I wasn't confident all my questions were answered. So during my design and install, I went overboard so there was no regrets later.

That is not to say that Brultech or UltraJones didn't help cause in fact their support was by far better then I get from other vendors. What was more of the unanswered or unknown was how the loads were being distributed in my panel and only after the install would I have known the answers.

We ended up putting a CT on every wire in the panel even though it might be possible to place only 1 CT on a 240 load. Also not knowing what exactly were on some individual 120 volt circuits I figured that after the system was up and running I could go back and start to free up some channels of the GreenEye by stacking multi CTs onto one channel.

The Patch Panel we put it should allow ease of going back to combine multi CTs on one channel.

With the set up today, we are Monitoring 1 of the 2 main panels in our home. One 240 volt CB in the monitored panel supplies a sub panel so we are able to capture that sub with the GreenEye. As time goes on I hope to free up enough channels and start monitoring our 2nd main panel so I don't have to buy another GreenEye or a 1240.

In the days coming I will try to write some more ideas I have on installation of CTs and how to monitor 240 volt loads more precisely.

Leave a comment:

• kevini
    replied
    I did the same thing when I re-did my Kitchen, I took the CT's out of the main panel before the inspection, made for less questions.

Ironically I have an EVSE installed as part of the EV Project and they did not do the inspection for some reason. They suddenly realized 2 days before the permit was going to expire that it needed to be inspected.

I did not have time to remove the CT's in my sub-panel before the inspector came. He gave me the "I've never seen anything like that before" and passed the inspection so it is possible,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X