UltraECM frequently fails to connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UltraECM frequently fails to connect

I have noticed that frequently when I restart HS3, the UltraECM plug in fails to connect to the GEM. If I use the pulldown in the device manager and select reconnect it will connect. Is there a setting I missed tat might have disabled automatic reconnect?

From the log:
    Mar-10 8:03:32 AM Error Unable to connect to Brultech device '192.168.2.7:80'.
    Later when I reconnected:
    Mar-10 9:39:13 AM Informational Watchdog Timer reconnect attempt succeeded. Mar-10 9:39:13 AM Informational Brultech ECM Device connection to 192.168.2.7 (192.168.2.7:80) Mar-10 9:39:13 AM Warning Watchdog Timer indicates Connection to Brultech device '192.168.2.7:80' was lost. Attempting to reconnect ...
    Randy Prade
    Aurora, CO
    Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

The watchdog is not enabled if the plug-in doesn't establish a connection when first initialized. This is why design. I wanted to prevent an endless cycle of reconnect attempts if HomeSeer cannot establish a connection to the Brultech device on startup.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Is there a way to put a delay in or an additional try, because if I don't catch it I could miss hours or even a day of updates. I would say it fails to connect on at least 3 out of 4 restarts of HS3. Unfortunately HS3 is not stable enough to expect it to be up for weeks on end.
      Randy Prade
      Aurora, CO
      Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        Is there a way to put a delay in or an additional try, because if I don't catch it I could miss hours or even a day of updates. I would say it fails to connect on at least 3 out of 4 restarts of HS3. Unfortunately HS3 is not stable enough to expect it to be up for weeks on end.
        Wow, that is not my experience with HS3. Very stable for me.

Is there any reason why you are having the plug-in connect to the Brultech GEM vs. having the plug-in setup as the listener, then having the Brultech GEM connect to the plug-in? I think Brultech has issues with their software switching from displaying the web interface to sending data when a host connects to port 80.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Working...
        X