ECM3 and Charting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECM3 and Charting

I noticed two new updates today 1 for Ultra1Wire3 and another for UltraECM3. I don't know what was changed, but I installed them. Everything is fine, but as I was looking around I was reminded of a problem with charting that still exists in UltraECM3. It still works properly in Ultra1Wire3.

With Chrome, you cannot get charts at all in ECM3 as shown in the first screenshot below. With IE (in compatibility view) you get a chart when a single channel is selected as shown in the second screenshot. If you add a channel the chart goes away. Add a third channel ant there is a chart. This continues with even numbers of channels showing no chart and odd numbers generating a chart. The last screenshot is of Ultra1Wire3 where the charts seem to operate as they should - with either browser. Overall the charting seems really unpredictable in UltraECM3 and even when they work the charts are small. I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I thought I would bring it up again to see if it can be fixed.
    Attached Files
    HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

I just upgraded UltraECM3 and I cannot duplicate the same problem you have. I am using IE10. Not in compatibility mode.

I can select and view any number or all channels.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by will40 View Post
      I just upgraded UltraECM3 and I cannot duplicate the same problem you have. I am using IE10. Not in compatibility mode.

I can select and view any number or all channels.
      I neglected to state that mine is IE11 in Compatibility View. If I disable compatibility view then I get no charts at all. Chrome gets no charts - ever. This is on 5 or 6 different PCs, all of which run windows 8.1. On a Win 7 VM with IE11 the symptoms are the same. I just installed Firefox on this laptop - same symptoms. Ultra1Wire3 charting works on all browsers. I just installed Firefox on my Win 7 VM, same stuff. All of my O/S versions are x64.

Comment

I connect duplicate this issue at all. I am using IE 11. Please delete your browser cache to see if it resolves the issue.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          I connect duplicate this issue at all. I am using IE 11. Please delete your browser cache to see if it resolves the issue.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          I did that, but it is pointless. Here are the points
          • I have two laptops running Windows 8 and one running Windows 7
          • I have three desktops running Windows 8
          • I have multipe virtual machines running Windows 7
          • I have two servers running Windows Server 2012r2
          • All of the machines other than the servers have IE11 and Chrome installed.
          • Chrome will not display charts for UltraECM3 on any of the machines, but Ultra1Wire3 displays charts perfectly under Chrome on all machines
          • IE 11 will rarely display a chart for UltraECM3 on any of the machines, when it works at all it is anomalous as described in the first post. IE 11 works perfectly for Ultra1Wire 3 on all machines.

Comment

Please download and install UltraECM3 HSPI version 3.0.5324.31496. I updated amCharts to version 3.10.0.

Regards,
            Ultrajones
            Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I Installed the update, now Chrome and IE11 behave exactly the same, but neither work.

The first screenshot below is how the charting page starts up in IE11. Main is selected, but no charts. The second screenshot shows my having selected a few channels, still no chart. If I press "Build Chart", it reverts to the same as the opening screen.

The third and fourth screenshots are the same from Chrome, the third is the open page, with Main selected, the fourth screenshot shows the page after several additional channels are selected.

Charting works fine under both browsers for Ultra1Wire3 - screenshot 5 below. I did make a separate post under the Ultra1Wire forum about sample rates being only once per hour, but the charting displays properly.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                I Installed the update, now Chrome and IE11 behave exactly the same, but neither work.

The first screenshot below is how the charting page starts up in IE11. Main is selected, but no charts. The second screenshot shows my having selected a few channels, still no chart. If I press "Build Chart", it reverts to the same as the opening screen.

The third and fourth screenshots are the same from Chrome, the third is the open page, with Main selected, the fourth screenshot shows the page after several additional channels are selected.

Charting works fine under both browsers for Ultra1Wire3 - screenshot 5 below. I did make a separate post under the Ultra1Wire forum about sample rates being only once per hour, but the charting displays properly.
                For those following this issue, the charts were not working because of the name entered for one of the channels. Removing "(exc ptr)" from the channel name solved this issue. I still don't know if it was a channel length issue of the parentheses or the word "exc" or "ptr".

Regards,
                Ultrajones

Comment

For those following this issue, the charts were not working because of the name entered for one of the channels. Removing "(exc ptr)" from the channel name solved this issue. I still don't know if it was a channel length issue of the parentheses or the word "exc" or "ptr".

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Yes, that resolved the issue under IE11 (must be in "compatibility view"). But it still doesn't work under Chrome. Charting works fine on both browsers for Ultra1Wire3.

I still would like to find out how I can get more than one sample per hour for the charts, as this length between samples renders most data useless for rapidly changing data like dryer and air conditioning circuits.

Comment

Yes, that resolved the issue under IE11 (must be in "compatibility view"). But it still doesn't work under Chrome. Charting works fine on both browsers for Ultra1Wire3.

I still would like to find out how I can get more than one sample per hour for the charts, as this length between samples renders most data useless for rapidly changing data like dryer and air conditioning circuits.
                    Managing millions of database inserts from the Brultech ECM/GreenEye was a huge challenge. I designed the UltraECM3 HSPI database to store hourly samples in an effort to eliminate the need to ever have to purge the database. As an example, my ultraecm3.db3 database is 38 MB which has hourly samples since the plug-in was released. My plug-ins also works on low powered systems with slower disk and CPU.

I'll look at adding an option to allow the user to select the sample interval that is stored into the database. However, changes to this option will probably result in the plug-in re-creating the database using the new sampling rate. I'll know more once it dig into the code.

Regards,
                    Ultrajones

Comment

I agree would like higher sampling rates, this is part of the reason of going the brultech route is to get more granular data. I would like to see storage rates at a minum of 5 minutes. I currently sample from the ecm every minute.

Comment

Is there any chance that the plug-in will eventually hook in to the new energy database and graphing in HS3?

Comment

Is there any chance that the plug-in will eventually hook in to the new energy database and graphing in HS3?
                          I am not familiar with the HomeSeer energy database. I'll take a look to see what design changes are required to hook in support for the energy database.

Regards,
                          Ultrajones

Comment

I am not familiar with the HomeSeer energy database. I'll take a look to see what design changes are required to hook in support for the energy database.

Regards,
                            Ultrajones
                            That would be nice. Rich said: "Yes, anyone can log energy data to the database, you need to first create an HS device that displays the KWH usage and call one API function to have us log the data. Then you can use the energy page to display graphs. I will update the SDK and the sample plugin.". In this post Rich gave an example of the code to insert energy readings. MrHappy said the energy API calls were all there. I am still not able to tell how well the energy functions in HS work since I have only one device connected, but it might be a way we can get a higher sampling rate.

Comment

Regards,
                              Ultrajones
                              Just wondering if you ever took a look. The 1 hour interval charting within UltraECM3 misses a lot of information.

I realize 32 channels at a high sample rate creates a lot of records, but detail is needed to really see trends in energy consumption.

Comment

Working...
                              X