Dashbox Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dashbox Integration

I have 2 GEM's connected via the 3.5mm cable to the Dashbox server. What is the best way to integrate this into HS3Pro? I noticed that the Dashbox support ISY variables. I am new to HomeSeer.

THanks,

The Dashbox server has its own database, graphs, etc. You'll be duplicating some of the Dashbox functionality if you connect your 2 GEM's to HomeSeer. I believe the GEM supports 2 connections. In this case, you should be able to set up the other connection (e.g. serial or network) to your HomeSeer computer. UltraECM3 HSPI has a 30 day trial, so you could set it up to see if meets your expectations. Feel free to contact me at ultrajones@hotmail.com if you run into any issues.

Regards,
    Ultrajones
    Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
      The Dashbox server has its own database, graphs, etc. You'll be duplicating some of the Dashbox functionality if you connect your 2 GEM's to HomeSeer. I believe the GEM supports 2 connections. In this case, you should be able to set up the other connection (e.g. serial or network) to your HomeSeer computer. UltraECM3 HSPI has a 30 day trial, so you could set it up to see if meets your expectations. Feel free to contact me at ultrajones@hotmail.com if you run into any issues.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      I know this is an old thread but I have the exact same question as the OP and a more extensive search on the forums hasn't yielded any answers...
      Is it possible to have both the Dashbox and the UltraECM3 plugin collecting data from the same GEM?

Is anyone out there doing that successfully?

I don't have the dashbox yet but my plan is to have it direct-connected to the GEM using the serial link and also use ethernet (hardwired) to have the UltraECM3 collect data from the GEM.

Edit: Ultrajones, I just wanted to add one point - my main reason for going with the Dashbox is it's ability to store years of historical usage with granularity down to the minute. My understanding is that UltraECM3 stores hourly historical data. Would this be a possibility for UltraECM3 at some point?
      Last edited by dexterdom; August 29, 2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdom View Post
        I know this is an old thread but I have the exact same question as the OP and a more extensive search on the forums hasn't yielded any answers...
        Is it possible to have both the Dashbox and the UltraECM3 plugin collecting data from the same GEM?

Is anyone out there doing that successfully?

I don't have the dashbox yet but my plan is to have it direct-connected to the GEM using the serial link and also use ethernet (hardwired) to have the UltraECM3 collect data from the GEM.

Edit: Ultrajones, I just wanted to add one point - my main reason for going with the Dashbox is it's ability to store years of historical usage with granularity down to the minute. My understanding is that UltraECM3 stores hourly historical data. Would this be a possibility for UltraECM3 at some point?
        Ben from Brultech said he would look at adding a packet passthrough on the GEM. That means you would simply point the UltraECM3 HSPI at the dashbox instead of the GEM. I'll let you know when/if he replies to indicates he did that.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
          Ben from Brultech said he would look at adding a packet passthrough on the GEM. That means you would simply point the UltraECM3 HSPI at the dashbox instead of the GEM. I'll let you know when/if he replies to indicates he did that.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          That's great news, have you been able to get an update on this?

Comment

Originally posted by dexterdom View Post
            That's great news, have you been able to get an update on this?
            Bump. Any word on dashbox/GEM packet passthrough?

Comment

The pass-through was going to be on the Dashbox side. I sent Ben (Brultech) a question on the status of that new feature.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

I am about to purchase a GEM and am trying to decide whether to purchase the dashbox as well. I want the dashbox as a backup as well as because it stores more granular data, but I also need the data in HS3 to trigger various events.

If I had the dashbox directly connected to the GEM, could the GEM send the data to the dashbox as well as my HS3 system? The GEM connects to the dashbox via RS232 and I would get a GEM with the ethernet module to feed the data to HS3 OR do I have to choose only 1 device (Dashbox or HS3 to receive the data from the GEM).

This thread talks about having asked Ben to change the dashbox so that HS3 could get its data from the dashbox directly. This would eliminate the need to get the ethernet module on the GEM. Is that the reason in asking or was it because the GEM cannot send its data through two of its output connections (RS232 and Ethernet) at the same time.

Comment

Dashbox support is coming soon. I just purchased one and will be testing the changes Brultech is making to the firmware that will allow it to also send data to a 3rd party application like my plug-in. I hope to be able to provide an update in a week or two.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones

Comment

are there any progress updates you can share?

can't wait to send data from dashbox to homeseer.

Comment

I have the Dashbox installed and connected to my GEM. The modification Brultech is making to the Dashbox are taking longer than expected. The Dashbox is sending 1 TCP packet, then disconnecting which doesn't work with with my plug-in design. Still working with Brultech on this.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

I am still waiting for Brultech to finish the changes to the Dashbox that will allow the packets to pass though to my plug-in. Feel free to send Brultech an e-mail and ask them for a status :-)

Regards,
                        Ultrajones

Comment

Done. Just sent an email asking about status.

Comment

Have you heard anything from brultech? I did get the following response back on the 9th

-------------------------------
                            Hey Adam,

I've been dropping the ball on that. It requires a persistent connection (which I have implemented now).

Been trying to get an update released with the changes Randy
                            needs to test it but it keeps getting held back.

I'll see about throwing something together.

Ben

Comment

I have spent over 40 hours converting the plug-in from ASPX to HomeSeer jQuery. It's almost finished. Please ask Ben to send you the firmware so you can test the updates to the plug-in.

Regards,
                              Ultrajones

Comment

Working...
                              X