Two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions

Recently added a second ECM-1240 and started using UltraECM to handle second one as Brultech was out of stock on mux cable.
    In installation docs (which I didn't read until later) you talk about using Brultech's engine s/w to talk to the 1240's. I had already just set it up with 2 ECM devices on 2 com ports and have everything working fine. Is there an advantage to using the Brultech engine s/w or am I ok?
    Second question: There seems to be some buffering/averaging/?? going on as my device wattage numbers seem to take 3 - 5 seconds or more before they reflect a device having been turned on or off.
    Otherwise, great plug-in and will be paying for it shortly.
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

BUMP
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Originally posted by RAM View Post
      Recently added a second ECM-1240 and started using UltraECM to handle second one as Brultech was out of stock on mux cable.
      In installation docs (which I didn't read until later) you talk about using Brultech's engine s/w to talk to the 1240's. I had already just set it up with 2 ECM devices on 2 com ports and have everything working fine. Is there an advantage to using the Brultech engine s/w or am I ok?
      You're fine. The UltraECM2/UltraECM3 plug-in does not support the Brultech MUX device. I don't recommend the use of the Brultech software.

Second question: There seems to be some buffering/averaging/?? going on as my device wattage numbers seem to take 3 - 5 seconds or more before they reflect a device having been turned on or off.
      Otherwise, great plug-in and will be paying for it shortly.
      Yes, averaging occurs to reduce the load on your HomeSeer system.

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Thanks for the info. Now I'm off to pay for the plug-in.
        Dick

Comment

Working...
        X