Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ready to order a Brultech GEM, and have a couple of questions

Hi

I'm in the final phase to take the plunge on this device, and have some small questions:

- if I will be using it with the available plugin for my HS3, do I need to order the DashBox? (I don't want any data going to the cloud or external storage) Can I have good data storage + presentation from HS3+plugin, without that external box?

- I have an Aeotec home energy meter with clamps on the main entrance of my panel. Should I replace it with CTs for the GEM (taking 2 inputs)? or better to use the 32 inputs for branch circuits (my panel has over 40 circuits, so i'd have to join some anyways)

Thanks for any insight.

You are likely to get the best answers to these and other questions about the GEM on the UltaECM forum.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1037
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
      You are likely to get the best answers to these and other questions about the GEM on the UltaECM forum.

http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1037
      Thanks!

Comment

I'm about to pull the trigger and order a GEM (actually two) also. I plan to monitor my main feeds on two panels plus all branch circuits. It's a lot to monitor and a lot of cost so I'll be interested in seeing the replies here.

I don't think you need the Dashbox since HS will log the data for you, but I hope someone corrects me if I'm wrong!
        HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
        Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
        Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
        Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

I have used a GEM and UltraECM for quite a while. You do not need dashbox. Ultras plug-in has a fair graphing page built in but I use Shill's device history plug-in. Jon00 also has a very good data collection and graphing solution. No cloud needed either way. If you would like screen grabs from graphs or more information let me know. There is a link in my signature below (My HS) to the post I made when I was building it out in 2014.

I will add that the folks at Brultech and Randy (Ultra) have both been responsive and helpful in every case where I had questions or issues. The hardware and plug-in are both flawless now and have been for some time.
          HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
          X