Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill be trying with the beaglebone next week - That can help us out for remote use ALOT and the plugin would be "local" to HS3.

Spud -

Any luck on multiple instances of the plug in? I know Ill have at least 3 running one way or another (remote PC's or Beagleones)

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
      Any luck on multiple instances of the plug in? I know Ill have at least 3 running one way or another (remote PC's or Beagleones)
      I need a fix from HST guys for multiple instances to work, see http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...84#post1082484

Comment

new version

new version 3.0.0.1 attached to first post
        It fixed init problem when the plugin is run as a remote plugin. But in this case the graphic that show the zones configuration will not show any zones, this is a limitation of the current HS API, but HST is working on it. Even if they do not show the zones should still work.

I have also added some more logs to troubleshoot init problems, so anyone who got errors when enabling the plugin (remote or not), please retry with 3.0.0.1 and post logs here if it doesn't work. Thanks

Comment

amazing

I am very impressed. I work with OpenRemote, and I'm now going to go spend time seeing whether OpenRemote and HomeSeer can play well together JUST so I can try this.

Comment

Spud - Thanks for the update - Im going to try it out in a few minutes ....

**EDIT** Seems to Connect to HS3 - my HS3 says Connect Remotely for the Plugin - but the Remote machine says : Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized... Never gets past the initialized portion.

**EDIT** Closed the windows, and restarted remotely, looks better :

Connected (HomeSeer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
            DEBUG Logger Initialized
            DEBUG Voice Recognition Initialized
            DEBUG Web Pages Registered
            DEBUG Zones initialized
            DEBUG Kinect initialized
            DEBUG End Init

**EDIT** Testing - Going well with the remote plugin - working with swipe left and swipe right. I didn't have any luck with VR yet, did a quick event with some and nothing happened, didn't see anything in the logs to show the Kinect even heard me ... and just tested right and left over head and they don't trigger at all, but in fact - sometimes trigger swipe left or swipe right?

Spud - VERY good work.... Once I can get a Zone and Multiples in HS3 - Ill be thrilled .... Anything you want me to test out, let me know.
            Last edited by ; October 11, 2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Spud - Seems to be flaky with remote init - I figured I would restart the plugin on the remote machine and it wouldn't reconnect. I restarted HS and now it hangs at Waiting to be Initialized (and HS status says connected) but of course, its doing nothing.

**EDIT** Seems it can just take some time to connect - Im pretty good now, and Voice is working.

There are ALOT of false positives for swipe actions ... I wasn't even in the room and received two - but I got a few just for walking around the room.

The VR is excellent! Can we do similar things like the base HS? (Like a set of numbers in a question? Or multiple ways to say something without making a ton of events?)
              Last edited by ; October 11, 2013, 01:52 PM.

Comment

asesome

I registered for the site just to post how awesome I think this project is. I'm going to try to get HS to work OR just to use this.

Comment

There are ALOT of false positives for swipe actions ... I wasn't even in the room and received two - but I got a few just for walking around the room.
                  yeah, I guess the gesture recognition still needs some work to be very stable.

The VR is excellent! Can we do similar things like the base HS? (Like a set of numbers in a question? Or multiple ways to say something without making a ton of events?)
                  not yet, but feel free to add this in the Feature requests thread
                  Last edited by spud; October 11, 2013, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks Spud - The VR itself makes it a great upgrade to HS - I have the TV on and I tried with music playing and ONLY one false pickup that turned on some lights - but I did lower the threshold to .4 when it wasn't working. Going to play more ... HIGHLY impressed.

Comment

Just wondering if this plugin will work with HSPRO or just HS3

Thanks Ken
                      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                        Just wondering if this plugin will work with HSPRO or just HS3

Thanks Ken
                        this plugin works with HS3 and HS3PRO, and basically any flavor of HS version 3 that supports plugins.

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                          Initializing plug-in(2): Kinect Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                          I got same error on all my computers with fresh install of HS3, Running on windows 7 64bit. Could it be that is only supported for 32bit? Should Kinect.ini be created if the plugin successfully start and thats why I got missing Kinect.ini in the log?

Thanks.
                          Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                          --
                          Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                          Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by tonlof View Post
                            I got same error on all my computers with fresh install of HS3, Running on windows 7 64bit. Could it be that is only supported for 32bit? Should Kinect.ini be created if the plugin successfully start and thats why I got missing Kinect.ini in the log?

Thanks.
                            Win 7 64bits is not a problem, this is the OS I use and it works.
                            Missing Kinect.ini is not a problem either, this file is created the first time you change something in the config page.

but please try to create a Kinect.ini in your Config folder and copy/paste the lines below in it:
                            Code:
                            [GENERAL]
                            log_level=Debug
                            then restart the plugin. It will set the log level to Debug and hopefully give us more info on the problem.

what kind of Kinect do you have: Kinect for windows or Kinect for Xbox 360?
                            have you installed the drivers? have you installed Runtime or SDK ?
                            also please install the latest version of the plugin (3.0.0.2).

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              Win 7 64bits is not a problem, this is the OS I use and it works.
                              Missing Kinect.ini is not a problem either, this file is created the first time you change something in the config page.

but please try to create a Kinect.ini in your Config folder and copy/paste the lines below in it:
                              Code:
                              [GENERAL]
                              log_level=Debug
                              then restart the plugin. It will set the log level to Debug and hopefully give us more info on the problem.

what kind of Kinect do you have: Kinect for windows or Kinect for Xbox 360?
                              have you installed the drivers? have you installed Runtime or SDK ?
                              also please install the latest version of the plugin (3.0.0.2).
                              Hi Spud, I have installed the SDK version and using Xbox 360 Kinect, also running 3.0.0.2.

2013-10-15 14:14:00 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Kinect
                              2013-10-15 14:13:57
                              Info Plugin Kinect with instance: has disconnected
                              Error Initializing plug-in(1): Kinect Instance::HSPI::InitIO: Failed to init: Exception: System.Exception: Input string was not in a correct format. at HSPI_KINECT.KinectApp.Init() at HSPI_KINECT.HSPI.InitIO(String comPort)
                              2013-10-15 14:13:57 Kinect DEBUG at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value) at HSPI_KINECT.VoiceRecognition..ctor() at HSPI_KINECT.KinectApp.Init()
                              Kinect ERROR Input string was not in a correct format.
                              Kinect DEBUG Logger Initialized
                              2013-10-15 14:13:57 Info Plug-in Kinect has connected successfully

Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:52750
                              Info Remote application or plugin has connected: 127.0.0.1:52749
                              Plug-In Interface Kinect is running as a trial, 25 days remaining.
                              Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                              --
                              Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                              Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

it looks like there is a problem converting a string to a number. Probably you are using "," instead of "." as decimal symbol, right?

in this case try adding these lines in Kinect.ini, and restart:

Code:
                                [VOICE_RECOGNITION]
                                confidence_threshold=0,8

Comment

Working...
                                X