X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
    Hi,

Will this work with the Xbox One Kinect aswell??

Cheers

J
    I have read that unlike the Kinect for Xbox 360, the kinect for Xbox One will not have an adaptor that allows it to plug into a computer.
    The kinect 2 for windows (which is basically the kinect for Xbox One with a USB plug) will be released sometime in 2014, I plan to add support for this version as soon as Microsoft released it.

Comment

So it would need something on the xbox to post the commands..
      Mmmmm shame :/

Thanks anyway.

Comment

It seems that 3.0.0.50 broke grammar rules getting pushed to remote instances for me, was gonna post here this morning, but just updated to 3.0.0.52 and it's working now, but I do have another issue.

When I try to register a remote plugin with the license information from my purchase, I get "Error registering license: License does not match product".
        I'm using the same license code as I did for the local plugin, and that plugin is licensed properly. Is this an issue with the kinect plugin or something inside of HS3 licensing?

As well, on the licensing page, if I click the "kinect" button for under remote plugins, I now get the error "Error finding plugin in GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", since it looks like it isn't appending ?instance=LivingArea to the URL.
        Spud, are you able to add the instance to the url under remote plugins?

Comment

Originally posted by desolatax View Post
          It seems that 3.0.0.50 broke grammar rules getting pushed to remote instances for me, was gonna post here this morning, but just updated to 3.0.0.52 and it's working now, but I do have another issue.
          Yes I find out about it this morning, it is supposed to be resolved in 3.0.052 see discussion with Rick in this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...07#post1093707
          I haven't tested yet, the kinect plugin may need some adjustments.

When I try to register a remote plugin with the license information from my purchase, I get "Error registering license: License does not match product".
          I'm using the same license code as I did for the local plugin, and that plugin is licensed properly. Is this an issue with the kinect plugin or something inside of HS3 licensing?
          Are you sure you need to register the plugin for each remote instance? I thought you only had to register the local instance, and all remote instances would inherit from it. Anyways I don't control that so you should ask HST.

As well, on the licensing page, if I click the "kinect" button for under remote plugins, I now get the error "Error finding plugin in GenPage: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.", since it looks like it isn't appending ?instance=LivingArea to the URL.
          Spud, are you able to add the instance to the url under remote plugins?
          This is a HS3 bug that I have alreay reported: http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1290
          A workaround is to use the links in the PLUG-INS > Kinect menu instead

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            Are you sure you need to register the plugin for each remote instance? I thought you only had to register the local instance, and all remote instances would inherit from it. Anyways I don't control that so you should ask HST.
            It's asking me to register the remote plugin, and the trial is counting down. I'll open a ticket with HS

Comment

new version available 3.0.0.6

A new version of the plugin is available on first post of this thread.

This version should considerably improve voice recognition.
              To save some CPU cycles, it's now possible to disable all the camera features (Gestures, postures recognition, ...) if for example you only want to use voice recognition, and the other way around, i.e. disable voice recognition if you only want to use the camera features.
              I have refactored the config page into tabs.
              I have added some gestures, here is the new list of supported gestures:

RightHandSwipeLeft
              RightHandSwipeRight
              RightHandSwipeDown
              RightHandSwipeUp
              LeftHandSwipeLeft
              LeftHandSwipeRight
              LeftHandSwipeDown
              LeftHandSwipeUp

Comment

I've updated all my Kinect plugins (main and remotes) to 3.0.0.6. The speech recognition does seem more responsive so far, as you said. Really nice! The gestures/postures work, but are a little touchy. I'm sure they'll improve and expand quite a bit in time. The speed of the hand movement seems to be at issue for me: around 2 ft/sec for a motion, but too fast or slow and it doesn't register. I'll play with it some more. I also found that the motion triggers, at least on remote plugins, don't seem to be working as expected. I have only one gesture (right up/down) set for each device and doing the gesture at one device (remote #1) triggers it for all of them. The other two do nothing. I've deleted and recreated the events a couple of times to be sure they're set up correctly, but same results. The voice triggers work from the correct devices exactly as expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Ern View Post
                  I also found that the motion triggers, at least on remote plugins, don't seem to be working as expected. I have only one gesture (right up/down) set for each device and doing the gesture at one device (remote #1) triggers it for all of them. The other two do nothing. I've deleted and recreated the events a couple of times to be sure they're set up correctly, but same results. The voice triggers work from the correct devices exactly as expected.
                  Nice catch, it's fixed in version 3.0.0.7 available on first post of this thread. Thanks for reporting the problem.

As for gestures/postures recognition, you're right there is some room for improvement In the next release I'm going to add some user settings for each gesture to be able to tweak speed. Stay tuned!

Comment

Spud -

Is there any chance to extend a trial with the new version - With all the issues I had with remote Kinects and Grammar / Voice Recognition bummed me out and now I wanted to do more tests with the new version....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
                      Spud -

Is there any chance to extend a trial with the new version - With all the issues I had with remote Kinects and Grammar / Voice Recognition bummed me out and now I wanted to do more tests with the new version....

Thanks
                      I'm fine extending your trial period as you were one of the first beta tester, but unfortunately I have no control over the licensing system, so you should ask HST if that's possible.

Comment

Spud - Thanks .. Ill have to ask them - 30 days should be good Im sure Ill purchase, Rev 1 worked great for me ... 4 had issues and then work hit

Comment

Want to say again, Great plug-in. I'll be purchasing it once my trial runs out.

2 questions.

1st: I'm also going to purchase a 2nd Kinect for my bedroom. Do u see me having any problems with placing the kinect behind the user? I use it for the voice recognition and room occupancy only, not for gesture.

2nd: I believe the app freezes sometimes because it doesn't respond to my key word. I usually disable the plug for 5 mins then re-enable it and it starts to work again. Is this normal with the beta? Is this because my key word is a women(Sarah) and it ignoring me like my GF?

Thank you again and I can't wait till you integrate the XBMC feature. LMK if you need a tester. I work in the IT field and I'm pretty good with troubleshooting and also have some experiences in programming.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad leal View Post
                            Want to say again, Great plug-in. I'll be purchasing it once my trial runs out.
                            Thanks!

1st: I'm also going to purchase a 2nd Kinect for my bedroom. Do u see me having any problems with placing the kinect behind the user? I use it for the voice recognition and room occupancy only, not for gesture.
                            As long as the kinect can hear you, voice recognition should work. And as long as the kinect can see most of your upper body, the occupancy detector should work as well. That being said I would encourage you to test it, as there are many factors (as the acoustic properties of the room) that can make this more or less reliable.

2nd: I believe the app freezes sometimes because it doesn't respond to my key word. I usually disable the plug for 5 mins then re-enable it and it starts to work again. Is this normal with the beta? Is this because my key word is a women(Sarah) and it ignoring me like my GF?
                            No it isn't normal. When you think the app is frozen, could you set the log level to "Trace" and then speak some commands, then watch the logs to see if Sarah can hear anything or if she is completely frozen.

Comment

Hey Spud - Just curious about an error I see using Debug - Im getting the Devicenotgenuine error?

Im using it on a remote system, it shows in the kinects in the dropdown in the plugins on the HS3 server, but once that error hits - Its no longer in the dropdown??

Comment

I'm getting the error message:

Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG at Microsoft.Speech.Internal.Helpers.ThrowIfEmptyOrNull(String s, String paramName) at Microsoft.Speech.Recognition.SemanticResultValue..ctor(Strin g phrase, Object value) at HSPI_KINECT.VoiceRecognition.BuildChoicesSubGrammar(String phrase, Int32& varCount) at HSPI_KINECT.VoiceRecognition.BuildSubGrammarFromString(Strin g phrase) at HSPI_KINECT.VoiceRecognition.BuildGrammar()
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect ERROR 'phrase' cannot be an empty string.Parameter name: phrase
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:{0x3C}turn|put||turn on|put on{0x3E} [the] dining [room] light [on]
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:turn off [the] christmas lights
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:turn on [the] christmas lights
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:{0x3C}turn off|shut off|put off{0x3E} [the] kitchen light
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:turn [on] [the] fan light [on]
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:{0x3C}put|play|turn|shut|put of|turn off|shut off{0x3E} [the] [some] music
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:{0x3C}turn off|stop{0x3E} [the] fireplace [off]
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:{0x3C}put|play|turn|put on|turn on{0x3E} [some] music [on]
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:{0x3C}turn on|put on|start{0x3E} [the] fireplace [on]
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Grammar Rule:{0x3C}turn|put|shut|turn off|put off|shut off{0x3E} [the] hallway [room] light [off]
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Building Grammar
                                Jan-03 12:39:28 AM Kinect DEBUG Reloading Grammar

I've searched through all of my events and I do not see any events that are empty or have been formatted incorrectly (all syntax looks correct). Looking at the grammar debug in the logs, it's not loading all of my 16 different events for the grammar detection.
                                Any ideas? Any way that we could get some more verbose debugging for what rule or event it's failing on?

Comment

Working...
                                X