This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect Plug-in - Beta Testing

This plugin is designed to use a Microsoft Kinect to control your HomeSeer System

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide before installing.

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder /Updates3/Zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the Kinect line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.45
    - Added "Timestamp suffix" option to the "Take Picture" action

Changes to v3.0.0.44
    - Fixed problem loading the exe when drivers are not installed on the HS3 machine.

Changes to v3.0.0.43
    - Added "Change Camera Image Format" action

Changes to v3.0.0.42
    - Added possibility to choose between: RGB 640x480, RGB 1280x960 and Infrared 640x480 for the camera image format. The same choice is possible from the "Take Picture" action.

Changes to v3.0.0.41
    - Added Global trigger feature for Voice Recognition
    - Added name of the instance in HS logs

Changes to v3.0.0.40
    - Improved overall stability of the plugin, especially with remote instances.

Changes to v3.0.0.37
    - Fixed wav file not playing for device command when plugin is run as a remote instance

Changes to v3.0.0.36
    - Added possibility to associate a Speaker Client to the plugin instance, and choose a wav file to play when a device command is recognized.

Changes to v3.0.0.35
    - Fixed problem when trying to stop camera feature but it's not running.
    - Added option in "A Phrase was Recognized" trigger to save spoken choices to global vars. Before this change it was automatic but was causing some problems for complex grammars.
    WARNING: if you use the global variables kinectvar0, kinectvar1, etc... in your scripts you need to scan your VR events and tick the new checkbox called "Save spoken choices to global variables" when needed.

Changes to v3.0.0.34
    - Added "Tilt Sensor Down" and "Tilt Sensor Up" actions
    - Added KinectLastVoiceCommand global parameter

Changes to v3.0.0.32
    - Added monitoring of the HS API communication channel. When something wrong is detected the plugin disconnect and then try to reconnect (as if it were manually restarted)

Changes to v3.0.0.31
    - Fixed a problem with file logging when a remote instance tries to reconnect

Changes to v3.0.0.30
    - Added possibility to log to a file.

Changes to v3.0.0.29
    - Fixed errors appearing when using the Camera feature with the FaceRecognition plugin
    - Fixed problem when creating Zone Devices on remote instances

Changes to v3.0.0.28
    - VR: added support for wildcard
    - VR: added possibility to record recognized phrase as wave file
    - Camera: fixed mirrored images
    - Camera: fixed ColorStream Enable/Disable problem
    - Triggers: added instance name in the formatted string of the trigger
    - Logs: added timestamp for logs printed to console

Changes to v3.0.0.27
    - Possibility to use replacement variables in "A Phrase was Recognized" triggers
    - Added "Rebuild Grammars" action and RebuildGrammars scripting function

Changes to v3.0.0.26
    - prevent the snapshot server to spit some errors when used with the face recognition plugin

Changes to v3.0.0.25
    - voice command syntax: fixed multiple choices for device voice commands

Changes to v3.0.0.24
    - voice command syntax: optional words or phrases within multiple choices are now allowed

Changes to v3.0.0.23
    - Fixed possible problem when having several triggers from different instances and one of these instances is disconnected.

Changes to v3.0.0.22
    - Added command line argument to hide the console window

Changes to v3.0.0.21
    - Added actions to enable and disable camera from an event

Changes to v3.0.0.20
    - Fixed kinect ID decoding in config page
    - Added possibility to tilt camera up or down using urls

Changes to v3.0.0.19
    - Added possibility to use the kinect camera as a regular netcam

Changes to v3.0.0.18
    - Echo Cancellation not activated by default
    - Cosmetic changes

Changes to v3.0.0.17
    - Added user friendly configuration to add voice command to control any device.

Changes to v3.0.0.16
    - Added Echo Cancellation

Changes to v3.0.0.15
    - Fixed "A phrase was recognized" trigger which was always triggereing the event no matter the additional conditions

Changes to v3.0.0.14
    - Added "Take picture" action

Changes to v3.0.0.13
    - Added actions: Enable/Disable Voice Recognition and Enable/Disable Visual Recognition

Changes to v3.0.0.12
    - Replaced UniqueKinectId with DeviceConnectionId because UniqueKinectId is buggy

Changes to v3.0.0.10
    - Added autoreconnect command line parameter

Changes to v3.0.0.9
    - Fixed kinect ID encoding in config page

Changes to v3.0.0.8
    - Added possibility to load/unload sub grammars
    - Fixed issue on config page when several kinects are plugged to the same computer
    - Added "Use Global Vars Specifics to Instance" setting for voice recognition
    - Cosmetic changes

Changes to v3.0.0.7
    - Fixed postures and gestures triggers for multiple instances.

Changes to v3.0.0.6
    - Improved voice recognition reliability
    - Possibility to disable/enable voice recognition and camera features.
    - Refactored config page
    - Added some gestures: swipes with left hand and swipe down and up.

Changes to v3.0.0.5
    - Fixed crash when reloading grammar
    - Fixed Kinect triggers and config page when using multiple instances of the plugin
    - Added logs to print rules when building a grammar

Changes to v3.0.0.4
    - Support for multiple Kinects using multiple instance of the plugin
    - Improved gesture and posture recognition

Changes to v3.0.0.3
    - VR: Added support for optional words or phrases.
    - Fixed init problem for systems which don't use "." as decimal symbol

Changes to v3.0.0.2
    - VR: Added possibility to set multiple choices of required words or phrases. The choice actually pronounced is set in a global variable when the global phrase is actually recognized.

Changes to v3.0.0.1
    - Fixed init problem when used as a remote plugin
    - Added better init logging
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; June 7, 2016, 02:47 PM.

This sounds exciting. But what does it really do?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I will give this a go when I get home.
      Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
        This sounds exciting. But what does it really do?
        I have added a features section in the User Guide thread that explains all the current features.

Comment

OH! Ill be installing this tonight ...

Comment

So, Ive never tried - How do I do enable this as a remote plugin in HS3?

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
              So, Ive never tried - How do I do enable this as a remote plugin in HS3?
              try this:
              • copy HSPI_KINECT.exe, HSPI_KINECT.exe.config, Kinect.Toolbox.dll to a directory on your remote computer
              • copy HomeSeerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll and Scheduler.dll from your HS3 directory to the same remote directory
              • open a command prompt with Administrator rights on your remote computer
              • cd to the directory, then type HSPI_KINECT.exe server=<ip_of_your_hs_machine>

Let me know if it works, I have actually never tried it from a remote machine yet, but it works from my HS machine

Comment

This plugin is great!

I can now turn on or off my tv with just a wave of my hand.

I will try voice tomorrow.

keep up the amazing work.

Greig.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

Can someone educate me on the correct Kinect sensor to get? If I look at eBay, the one for Windows sells for $240 and up while the Xbox version can be had easily for around $50. Which one is needed/best for this application? Also do I need an adapter? seems like there is one available that will connect to the sensor in addition, it has a USB plug as well.

Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    I have added a features section in the User Guide thread that explains all the current features.
                    Wow, that looks amazing!
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Hi and thanks for your kinect plugin. I am getting error when I tried to active the plugin.

Update: I notice that the error message was in Swedish so here is same error on my other computer.
                      Initializing plug-in(2): Kinect Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an object.0STACK: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by tonlof; October 10, 2013, 03:54 AM.
                      Please excuse any spelling and grammatical errors I may make.
                      --
                      Tasker Plugin / Speech Droid
                      Tonlof | Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by bernieb View Post
                        Can someone educate me on the correct Kinect sensor to get? If I look at eBay, the one for Windows sells for $240 and up while the Xbox version can be had easily for around $50. Which one is needed/best for this application? Also do I need an adapter? seems like there is one available that will connect to the sensor in addition, it has a USB plug as well.

Thanks for the info
                        Kinect for Windows and Kinect for Xbox 360 are almost the same hardware, but Kinect for Windows supports additional features (like near mode) but for now this plugin doesn't use any of these features.

Officially you need the kinect for Windows, but Microsoft allows the use of the Kinect for Xbox 360 for "development purposes". So the Kinect for Xbox 360 will work if you install the full SDK (see User Guide for download). But I cannot guarantee that it will be always like that, maybe in a future version of the SDK, Microsoft will stop supporting Kinect for Xbox 360.

And yes for the Kinect for Xbox 360 you need an USB adapter to plug the sensor to a PC and to a wall outlet. This adapter is needed to plug the Kinect to the first version of the Xbox 360, so it was shipped with the Kinect for Xbox 360 if you bought it independantly of the console, but I'm not sure if it's still true.

EDIT: another difference that I just found is that Kinect for Xbox doesn't work when connected to a Virtual Machine: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj663795.aspx
                        Last edited by spud; October 10, 2013, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                          try this:
                          • copy HSPI_KINECT.exe, HSPI_KINECT.exe.config, Kinect.Toolbox.dll to a directory on your remote computer
                          • copy HomeSeerAPI.dll, HSCF.dll and Scheduler.dll from your HS3 directory to the same remote directory
                          • open a command prompt with Administrator rights on your remote computer
                          • cd to the directory, then type HSPI_KINECT.exe server=<ip_of_your_hs_machine>

Let me know if it works, I have actually never tried it from a remote machine yet, but it works from my HS machine
                          Thanks Spud - no luck it appears :

Initializing plug-in(2): Kinect Instance:isconnected before response received.0STACK: at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RequestReplyMes senger`1.SendMessageAndWaitForResponse(IScsMessage message, Int32 timeoutMilliseconds) at HSCF.Communication.ScsServices.Communication.RemoteInvokePro xy`2.Invoke(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

Havent tried from the HS3 itself, nor my beaglebone using USB sharing - That's on my list to do next week, too busy with work this week.

Comment

I can confirm that the VR is also working well for me. I just need to move it to a remote pc for me to have the perfect set up for this but I understand there is a problem with this.

Spud I have also noticed that when a zone is removed from the plugin that the device is not deleted and then when you add another zone it uses the next number and not the deleted one. I now have only one zone but it is called zone 7?

Greig.
                            Scripts =
                            Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                              I can confirm that the VR is also working well for me. I just need to move it to a remote pc for me to have the perfect set up for this but I understand there is a problem with this.
                              Yeah, I'm working on the remote problem.

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
                              Spud I have also noticed that when a zone is removed from the plugin that the device is not deleted and then when you add another zone it uses the next number and not the deleted one. I now have only one zone but it is called zone 7?
                              you can rename the zones and the devices to anything you want.
                              you can delete the zone device manually when you don't use the zone anymore, but you're right it should probably do that automatically when you delete a zone.

if you want to restart configuring your zones from scratch, stop the plugin in the Kinect.ini file delete the entire [ZONES] section, delete the zone devices manually then restart the plugin.

thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X