Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genius! Does volume matter like if you're blasting it can the kinect pick out commands?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
      Genius! Does volume matter like if you're blasting it can the kinect pick out commands?
      Not sure, do the test and tell us!

Comment

Testing it out works great! The CPU utilization is a little higher but after running visual recognition it was already up there. What other cool stuff does the SDK let you do? On the XBOX360 you can tune it to the environment so it can block out ambient noise (like in my office I have a window AC) Really good work man keep it up!

Comment

Just had a thought is there a way to disable gesture detection to possibly decrease CPU Utilization? In my application I'm just looking for presence detection and the voice commands. This thing is so sensitive it was picking up a pedestal fan as a person (which I resolved by altering the detection zone)

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
            Just had a thought is there a way to disable gesture detection to possibly decrease CPU Utilization? In my application I'm just looking for presence detection and the voice commands. This thing is so sensitive it was picking up a pedestal fan as a person (which I resolved by altering the detection zone)
            I will try, but I doubt it would make a big difference in CPU utilization.

Comment

Can I link a proximity detector to enable the VR and GD so that they are only consuming CPU load when someone is in the room?

An alternative is to enable the GD a minimal time every 2s or so to check if someone is in the room and if there is, go continous.

Comment

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
                Can I link a proximity detector to enable the VR and GD so that they are only consuming CPU load when someone is in the room?

An alternative is to enable the GD a minimal time every 2s or so to check if someone is in the room and if there is, go continous.
                The plugin already has some actions to enable/disable voice recognition and visual recognition (as you can do it from the config page). So you can use that with a proximity detector to enable or disable these features from events.

Comment

Global Voice Commands?

Hi,
                  Not sure if I'm setting things up wrong or not, but I noticed when I added in a remote instance, my voice commands didn't work; I had to go back to my events and add recognition phrases for the remote device (Kinect action - <instance name>, then Phrase recognized). I could see that being a bit tedious if I added another remote instance, then have to go back to all my events and add more voice commands for that new remote instance every time. Is there a way to specify recognition phrases for all instances, or is that something that can be added?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nikku View Post
                    Hi,
                    Not sure if I'm setting things up wrong or not, but I noticed when I added in a remote instance, my voice commands didn't work; I had to go back to my events and add recognition phrases for the remote device (Kinect action - <instance name>, then Phrase recognized). I could see that being a bit tedious if I added another remote instance, then have to go back to all my events and add more voice commands for that new remote instance every time. Is there a way to specify recognition phrases for all instances, or is that something that can be added?

Thanks!
                    You're right, there is currently no way to specify global commands for all instances. It's done this way so that the same command can trigger different events for different instances, for example if you say "turn on the light" usually you want it to turn the light in the room you currently are.
                    But I agree, sometimes you need commands to be global for all instances, I will see if I can find a way to add that feature.

Comment

OK, stupidly I bought a v2 sensor without reading.... Any ETA on v2 support? Or should I put it back in its box until next year/get a refund?

Thanks,
                      John.

Comment

Originally posted by lowenna View Post
                        OK, stupidly I bought a v2 sensor without reading.... Any ETA on v2 support? Or should I put it back in its box until next year/get a refund?

Thanks,
                        John.
                        sorry for that, no firm ETA for v2 support, but it will probably not be before end of year.

you can get a kinect for Xbox 360 (v1) on ebay or at some video game store for about $40
                        compared that to $200 for a kinect v2, I think you should get a refund and try the plugin with a v1.

Comment

All my fault! Will get refund. I have a Kinect for XBOX 360 - did you really mean for a 360, or a Kinect v1 for Windows? I looked at the 360 USB plug and it's really not USB. Similar but definitely won't fit in the PC USB port.
                          Thanks,
                          John.

Comment

Ah never mind, think I worked it out. It's from a 360S and didn't come with a separate PSU. I need a converter for it to be able to plug it into a PC via USB. Amazon here I come May as well now I've paid for the HS plugin

Comment

Camera Off/on or Camera off/on event Feature.

It would be a nice feature to have the ability to quickly turn the camera feature off by event or virtual device. I would like my inside cameras to run when I am away but not when I am home.I did not see that option. Only the check box.

By the way. Loving this Plugin!

Comment

Originally posted by wolf382 View Post
                                It would be a nice feature to have the ability to quickly turn the camera feature off by event or virtual device. I would like my inside cameras to run when I am away but not when I am home.I did not see that option. Only the check box.

By the way. Loving this Plugin!
                                yep, that would be a good addition, I will add actions to turn on/off the camera in the next version

thanks for the suggestion

Comment

Working...
                                X