• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post
    I am seeing this in the plugin output:
    ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): Access is denied
    at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
    at HSPI_KINECT.SnapshotServer.Start(KinectSensor kinectSensor)
    for the camera feature to work you need to run the plugin as Administrator, when starting it remotely it means you have to run the command prompt or your bat file as Administrator.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Is there still a bug where the per device VR commands can only be controlled by one instance
    yes there is still a bug with device VR commands for multiple instances, I'm still waiting for a fix for this ticket:http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=1673

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    I am seeing this in the plugin output:
    ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): Access is denied
    at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
    at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
    at HSPI_KINECT.SnapshotServer.Start(KinectSensor kinectSensor)

On the note of running the plugin remotely I have it now as a remote instance and noted a few things:

Is there still a bug where the per device VR commands can only be controlled by one instance
    The IP netcam feature does not seem to work on a remote instance, I enabled it, went to the correct URL (with the right IP) but it doesn't pull up
    I can't get it to work without running a local instance of the kinect plugin (with no kinect connected) but thought that was not necessary.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    On the note of running the plugin remotely I have it now as a remote instance and noted a few things:

The IP netcam feature does not seem to work on a remote instance, I enabled it, went to the correct URL (with the right IP) but it doesn't pull up
    I can't get it to work without running a local instance of the kinect plugin (with no kinect connected) but thought that was not necessary.

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    I don't think this has ever been a real issue. Like for any other plugin if the Kinect plugin instance does not run, the kinect actions or triggers won't display correctly but as soon as the plugin instance is running the kinect actions and triggers wil revert back to how they have been defined.
    Thanks Spud. If indeed the event actions and triggers are maintained then there is no issue for me. The only downside is that they cannot be edited when the instance isn't running.
    That's really good news. I'm excited by the functionality I can get from this plugin.
    Looks like I'm in need of a Kinect sensor

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by JimBob View Post
    Is this still an issue? I am very interested in trying this plugin but as I will be using the kinect on a remote machine which isn't always on, I want to be sure this works ok before buying a kinect and the plugin.

Thanks.
    I don't think this has ever been a real issue. Like for any other plugin if the Kinect plugin instance does not run, the kinect actions or triggers won't display correctly but as soon as the plugin instance is running the kinect actions and triggers wil revert back to how they have been defined.

Leave a comment:

• JimBob
    replied
    Originally posted by S.Morris View Post
    Hi Spud,

I have noticed that when the remote Kinect machine is closed down the events that originally had a kinect action reverts to "the time is ".
    not sure sure if it will revert back to the kinect action till I switch it back on
    Is this still an issue? I am very interested in trying this plugin but as I will be using the kinect on a remote machine which isn't always on, I want to be sure this works ok before buying a kinect and the plugin.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• S-F
    replied
    Just to revisit this, I have started to use the jon00 remote monitor control script. I have it suspend my desktop when I'm not home or if I'm in bed. I have it wake it when I get up and come home. I have it run the Kinect.bat 2 minutes after it sends the WOL command. My next step is to place a sensor under where I sit at the computer to shut off the monitor power via Z-Wave outlet when I'm not sitting there.

Leave a comment:

• Dafunktyfunk
    replied
    Jon00 Monitor can do WOL , Shutdown and restart and sleep. It works great!! And, it just costs a donation.

Leave a comment:

• S.Morris
    replied
    As far as I know all the programs I have posted are free to, and the event I have posted are working for me

Leave a comment:

• S.Morris
    replied
    i use PSshutdown if you Google there are load of site that show you all the switch options.

In the parameter box you first put the switch you need then IP address then the user and password of the PC you are trying to shutdown, Note the -u and -p switches for user and password and like before place it in the root of C:

Hope this helps
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• S-F
    replied
    BLLan will send WOL commands and it's free.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Do you have a way to suspend or shut down emotely? If I could do that I'd be golden.
    Last edited by kideon; October 14, 2014, 02:54 PM. Reason: correction

Leave a comment:

• S.Morris
    replied
    I use this program WolCmd.exe place in the root of C: ( See zip below ) and create an event like below and this boot my pc when it is switched off

Sorry pictures not very good you have to put the Mac address, IP address, Subnet mask in the event parameters box, for the PC you want to boot, works for me tried it yesterday

Attached Files
    Last edited by S.Morris; October 15, 2014, 12:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Is there a way to boot on lan vs wake on lan? I'm trying to turn it into an appliance that can interact with everything. Of course I haven't implemented wake on lab yet either, can't justify a $40 plugin just do that. Jon00's holds promise need to fiddle around with it more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X