Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please test version 3.0.0.32 available here

Comment

Just wondering if it is possible to use the remote kinect instances as a net cam as well or just the ones on the Hs server. I started setting these up today and I can get video from the instance running on my server but not the ones on the remote machines using IPaddressort/kinectsnapshot/ and it gives me a current snapshot but only works from the instance running on the server not any of the remote instances

Let me know what I'm missing

Cheers Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Yep, using a remote kinect here as a webcam ok on the HS netcam plugin.
        In the netcam config I have the address:

http://<IP ADDRESS>:8078/kinectsnapshot/

Only thing I can think of checking is firewalls/anti-virus?

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
          Just wondering if it is possible to use the remote kinect instances as a net cam as well or just the ones on the Hs server. I started setting these up today and I can get video from the instance running on my server but not the ones on the remote machines using IPaddressort/kinectsnapshot/ and it gives me a current snapshot but only works from the instance running on the server not any of the remote instances

Let me know what I'm missing

Cheers Ken
          Ken,
          Make sure to start the remote plugin instance with Administrator rights. This netcam feature needs Administrator rights to start a webserver from which the snapshots are served.
          Then try to open the snapshot url http://<ip_address>:8078/kinectsnapshot/ from a browser on your Kinect machine (<ip_address> is the ip of your Kinect machine).
          If the above work, but you still can't access it from another machine, check your firewall/AV

Comment

How do i make sure it starts with administrator rights
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
              How do i make sure it starts with administrator rights
              form windows start menu search for "cmd", then right click on cmd.exe / "Run as Administrator", then enter the command line you use to start the instance.

if you have a .bat file to start the remote instance, right click on it / "Run as Administrator"

Comment

The permissions were tje issue all good so far now. Thanks spud

Comment

Well I went ahead and changed the PC running the remote instance so I could actually have a wired ethernet, as wireless seemed to just not be up to scratch - a combination of random seconds of extra lag or just plain not firing the event has ruined the trust of it.
                  I'm still getting the odd crash when trying to call the event, but the plugin is handling gracefully under .32, thanks Spud.

However, the "confidence drops after plugin running for a period" problem is a biggy, so I've put in place a script to kill and restart the plugin every hour.

Comment

Hi, can multiple kinect instances now directly control devices? (direct device under device kinect tab)

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tomtnt View Post
                      Hi, can multiple kinect instances now directly control devices? (direct device under device kinect tab)

Thanks
                      it has been partly fixed in HS3 version 3.0.0.168, but there is still a refresh problem. So when you change something on one of the kinect tabs, you need to completely refresh the page to see the changes.

Comment

I'm still battling the cause of the confidence drops, just wondered if anyone else gets what I'm seeing.
                        So, I set the plugin to record a recognised phrase, stood at a certain distance, then spoke a test command. Then saved that for later.
                        I then left the plugin, it was working fine for a day or so, then stopped listening. Usual stuff, it's getting the commands, but confidence is just terrible.
                        Code:
                        May-24 16:58:29 TRACE Phrase hypothesized = House, Confidence=0.02815541 
                        May-24 16:58:30 TRACE Phrase hypothesized = House turn, Confidence=0.03024012 
                        May-24 16:58:30 TRACE Phrase hypothesized = House what time is, Confidence=0.03121825 
                        May-24 16:58:31 TRACE Phrase hypothesized = House what time is it, Confidence=0.09324548 
                        May-24 16:58:31 TRACE Phrase recognized but confidence=0.1382909 is lower than threshold
                        I use sound recorder, and the audio quality is pretty much identical, as i was thinking that the device may be misbehaving.

Restart plugin, and it's back to normal - this is around the corner from it in another room:
                        Code:
                        May-24 17:04:43 TRACE Phrase hypothesized = House, Confidence=0.01645878 
                        May-24 17:04:44 TRACE Phrase hypothesized = House what time, Confidence=0.2955404 
                        May-24 17:04:44 TRACE Phrase hypothesized = House what time is, Confidence=0.3721665 
                        May-24 17:04:44 TRACE Phrase hypothesized = House what time is it, Confidence=0.3197739 
                        May-24 17:04:45 DEBUG Phrase recognized with confidence=0.8049011
                        May-24 17:04:45 DEBUG House what time is it
                        Going back through the logs, it appears that it probably stopped working when it reinitialised the plugin:
                        Code:
                        May-24 12:04:59	 	Warning	Lost 30 seconds, maybe system busy, catching up...
                        May-24 12:04:59	 	Info	Plugin Kinect with instance: LivingRoom has disconnected
                        May-24 12:05:09	 	Kinect	DEBUG Voice Recognition Initialized
                        May-24 12:05:09	 	Kinect	DEBUG USB\VID_0409&PID_005A\5&22483F4E&0&2 status=Connected
                        May-24 12:05:09	 	Kinect	INFO Kinect version 3.0.0.32
                        May-24 12:05:09	 	Kinect	DEBUG Logger Initialized
                        May-24 12:05:09	 	Info	Plugin Kinect with instance LivingRoom has connected. IP:192.168.5.10:51468
                        So it may look like the plugin reconnecting could interfere with the confidence if HS disconnects it for a reason. Any ideas Spud?

Comment

Further update - found that VR was down again this evening, so checked everything.
                          HS log showed no disconnects.
                          Trace log of the kinect plugin...... no updates for like 4 hours. The plugin window was open, and just sat at the last recognised command, task manager was showing a fluctuation of cpu and memory for the hspi_kinect process, the kinect itself was on. Nothing in event viewer around the time it stopped, or indeed anything after that.

Deleted the log and said a VR command, basically the exe was dead in the water and wasn't logging anything. Once closed and restarted, everything back to normal.

This isn't fun any more, I don't want to go back to restarting the plugin every 45 minutes, I'm to the point of just using it as a mic and put the speaker client on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
                            Further update - found that VR was down again this evening, so checked everything.
                            HS log showed no disconnects.
                            Trace log of the kinect plugin...... no updates for like 4 hours. The plugin window was open, and just sat at the last recognised command, task manager was showing a fluctuation of cpu and memory for the hspi_kinect process, the kinect itself was on. Nothing in event viewer around the time it stopped, or indeed anything after that.

Deleted the log and said a VR command, basically the exe was dead in the water and wasn't logging anything. Once closed and restarted, everything back to normal.

This isn't fun any more, I don't want to go back to restarting the plugin every 45 minutes, I'm to the point of just using it as a mic and put the speaker client on it.
                            do you have another kinect sensor to test with?
                            which kinect SDK have you installed, did you try to reinstall it?
                            if you plug the kinect directly to your HomeSeer machine do you have the same problem?
                            did you try to revert back to an older version of the plugin, and was it better?
                            when the VR gets stuck, can you try another feature like enabling the Camera to see if it still works?
                            what if instead of restarting the plugin you simply disable then reenable voice recognition from the config page, is it enough to fix the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                              do you have another kinect sensor to test with?
                              which kinect SDK have you installed, did you try to reinstall it?
                              if you plug the kinect directly to your HomeSeer machine do you have the same problem?
                              did you try to revert back to an older version of the plugin, and was it better?
                              when the VR gets stuck, can you try another feature like enabling the Camera to see if it still works?
                              what if instead of restarting the plugin you simply disable then reenable voice recognition from the config page, is it enough to fix the problem?
                              I'll try some of these, I was just posting a commentary in the hopes that someone else is also having this behaviour.
                              I just noticed that the trace logging has suddenly stopped again overnight, but VR is still working and no errors logged in the console either. Perhaps the plugin was still going previously but the logging function had just died and it had the confidence thing going on....

Comment

Just reporting in

Enabling gesture recognition/camera hasn't stopped or cured the confidence drop issue, I'll try to disable/enable VR next time it happens.

A few new things:
                                Code:
                                May-27 16:28:20 ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): Access is denied
                                   at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
                                   at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
                                I now get this when it initialises as I went into the plugin, set the area, then deleted it.

Also, not sure what's happened on the config gui in HS - I noticed that file logging was set to trace, but was only logging errors. Checking the ini file, it was set to error, so perhaps the code is not handling parsing the ini properly?

Comment

Working...
                                X