No announcement yet.

Running Kinect plugin remotely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, the logging is working - seems a byproduct of how you start the plugin instance as the path is relative from where the process working directory is.
    I use the scripting connector from Jon00 - if it detects a disconnect, it runs a script that kills and starts the plugin again. However, the logs directory it uses is where the scripting connector is, not where the plugin is

Comment

Ok, confirmation that just disabling and enabling the VR in the plugin config page restores the confidence level again....

Does spit out this nasty error when you do that though
      Code:
      May-28 11:37:37	 	Kinect	ERROR System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object. Object name: 'System.Net.HttpListener'. at System.Net.HttpListener.CheckDisposed() at System.Net.HttpListener.get_Prefixes() at HSPI_KINECT.SnapshotServer.Start(KinectSensor kinectSensor)
      One thing Spud - when you've only got a remote instance running, is it best to disable the local instance of plugin to HS? I leave mine disabled so it doesn't cause the plugin page to timeout waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
        when you've only got a remote instance running, is it best to disable the local instance of plugin to HS? I leave mine disabled so it doesn't cause the plugin page to timeout waiting for it.

Yes this is the proper way to handle the local instance when you don't have one.
        Originally posted by rprade
        There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

May-27 16:28:20 ERROR System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004005): Access is denied
          at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
          at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
          this error shows up because you have enabled the camera feature (camera tab > "Use Kinect camera as NetCam") but you're not running the plugin with Administrator rights.

for the camera feature to work you need administrator rights.

the other error you got is a consequence of the first one. So both should disappear if you run the plugin with admin rights, or if you disable the camera feature

S.F. is right you don't need to enable the local instance if there is no kinect sensor attached to it.

Regarding your original problem, you haven't answered these questions:
          - do you have another kinect sensor to test with?
          - which kinect SDK have you installed, did you try to reinstall it?
          - if you plug the kinect directly to your HomeSeer machine do you have the same problem?
          - did you try to revert back to an older version of the plugin, and was it better?

if we can't find the root cause for this problem, one workaround you could try is to create a recurring event that would periodically reset voice recognition. There are event actions called "Enable Voice Recognition" and "Disable Voice Recognition" that you can use for that.

Comment

- do you have another kinect sensor to test with?
            - which kinect SDK have you installed, did you try to reinstall it?
            - if you plug the kinect directly to your HomeSeer machine do you have the same problem?
            - did you try to revert back to an older version of the plugin, and was it better?
            I haven't an extra sensor yet.

Problem with plugging it into the HS server, is that its out of the way and wont get any traffic as it were. I will add that this is the second PC that the kinect has been plugged into which has yielded the same behaviour, so I guess that answers part of the question of if its a PC kind of issue.

1.7 from the guide thread, has been reinstalled.

Haven't tried an older version, going back to like .20 or earlier would mean i'd lose some features I like

I'll get the plugin run as admin though, wonder if that will help.

Comment

Ok, so some more information.
              I last messed around last week, and was surprised it seemed to behave itself for a few days. Then I changed some stuff as above.
              I set it to run as admin, set the logging to error only, and also turned off the person recognition.
              Come this morning, confidence problem again after only 6 hours of the plugin being connected.
              So perhaps this may be linked to not having the person recognition turned on..... i've turned it back on just in case.

Comment

Update - nope, it's not any setting, it just happened to have a stretch where it worked for longer than normal, probably down to the script to kill and restart the plugin periodically.
                So, I've since got another kinect, and that had the same confidence problem within a few hours.
                So i'm kind of at a dead end here. I'm at a loss what else to try, there is no reliability, and yet noone else is reporting any problems with remote instances.

Will the plugin work with the 1.8 sdk?

Comment

Will the plugin work with the 1.8 sdk?
                  yes it should work with 1.8 sdk, you can try it

Comment

Hey Spud,
                    could I ask that some kind of device be created which is like the status of the plugin instance please? So like key triggers can be acted upon like Speech Recognition stopped, perhaps just have a device per feature (one for speech =on/off, camera = on/off, movement = on/off)
                    I can't really trap for log text on the remote instance reliably, and I can keep speech going ok as long as I can fully restart the plugin remotely.

Once something like the below happens (or disconnect/reconnect), it will eventually lose confidence:
                    Code:
                    Jun-14 14:37:58 DEBUG Reloading Grammars
                    Jun-14 14:37:58 DEBUG Speech Recognition Stopped
                    Jun-14 14:37:58 DEBUG Building Grammars

Comment

Hey Spud,
                      could I ask that some kind of device be created which is like the status of the plugin instance please? So like key triggers can be acted upon like Speech Recognition stopped, perhaps just have a device per feature (one for speech =on/off, camera = on/off, movement = on/off)
                      will do

Comment

Ah well, I've tried a few more things, even went as far as adding the second kinect directly to the HS server, and that even exhibits the confidence drop.
                        So that's different servers, one with win7 (HS server), other with win8.1, two different devices, one local and remote, swapping the devices over between the two servers. Even went as far as taking a recording of a command, playing it on my phone from a specific distance, and then recording that from the kinect microphone array on both - I can't discern any audio quality change from when it's working, and when it no longer works.

I'm out of ideas, and I can't think of anything that would be something apart from the recognition language used (I use GB). Disparate OSs, hardware, patching levels, amount of usb devices (remote has literally the kinect and nothing else), it's literally to the point where either there's a bug being triggered in the kinect API, or it's the plugin code. Maybe the plugin is not applying the correct language when it has to initialise?

I'm still of the mind that when it's not working like previous logs posted, it's experiencing an offset, sometimes up to a tenth of what it should be, funny that it still is virtually 100% accurate even though it's confidence has dropped so low.

I will say that the plugin config menu really doesn't like having a local and a remote instance. I restart the local instance, it restarts both, but then i can only configure the local. I then kick a restart of the remote instance, and then it doesn't show the local instance config menu item.

Comment

Could you try the US recognizer, there may be a problem with the GB one

Comment

For reference, I'm in UK and have been using 2 remote kinects for a few months now. One on windows 8.1 (wired lan) and one on windows 7 (wireless).
                            Let me know if you want to compare setup/run any tests here which may help.

Comment

Originally posted by JimBob View Post
                              For reference, I'm in UK and have been using 2 remote kinects for a few months now. One on windows 8.1 (wired lan) and one on windows 7 (wireless).
                              Let me know if you want to compare setup/run any tests here which may help.
                              Cheers chap, i'm getting paranoid that me wiring's possessed

Could you post exactly what settings you're running for the config of each, then enable debug logging to file on one of them. Do a few test commands, and just put the confidence values logged safe.
                              Then, cut network access briefly so that it logs that its reconnected and speech recognition is back on. Then a few hours later, just fire a few orders at it to see if it's still normal.

I also wondered if it's the trigger word - "house" may not be enough, as it only has one syllable and kind of trails off. I'll see if changing that, and the default language bears any fruit.

Comment

Cheers chap, i'm getting paranoid that me wiring's possessed

Could you post exactly what settings you're running for the config of each, then enable debug logging to file on one of them. Do a few test commands, and just put the confidence values logged safe.
                                Then, cut network access briefly so that it logs that its reconnected and speech recognition is back on. Then a few hours later, just fire a few orders at it to see if it's still normal.

I also wondered if it's the trigger word - "house" may not be enough, as it only has one syllable and kind of trails off. I'll see if changing that, and the default language bears any fruit.
                                Will do. (My trigger word is "kinect")

Comment

Working...
                                X