• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by clafa View Post
    Hi,

I am able to take a picture with the Kinect, however every new picture overwrites the previous one.

Is there a way to save the new pictures with a new file name?

Thanks
    Chris
    right now the picture is always written to the same path, but you could have a script to rename the previous picture before taking a new one.

or alternatively I could add the possibility to use a specific character in the filename so that it is automatically incremented each time

something like path = C:\picture%i.jpg
    and then the picture would be written to:
    C:\picture1.jpg
    C:\picture2.jpg
    C:\picture3.jpg
    etc...

Leave a comment:

• clafa
    replied
    How to save pictures without overwritting the previous one

Hi,

I am able to take a picture with the Kinect, however every new picture overwrites the previous one.

Is there a way to save the new pictures with a new file name?

Thanks
    Chris

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    in kinect.ini delete the kinect_sensor_id line, then restart the plugin

it should fix your problem

Leave a comment:

• nikku
    replied
    I tried power cycling the Kinect, and rebooting the server, but now it looks like nothing is working on the kinect, including voice commands. Going to try reverting to the version I was previously on and seeing if voice commands come back.

Edit: Going back to version 3.0.0.9, voice commands and camera/motion detection appear to be working again. When I go to version 3.0.0.14, the log always shows the following error, and none of the Kinect features work:

Jul-04 11:22:01 AM Kinect WARNING Can't find Kinect: USB\VID_045E&PID_02AE\0000000000000000

When I go into manage plugins, delete the kinect plugin, then install version 3.0.0.9 from the updater and start the plugin, it immediately works (no need for reboot or power cycling the kinect)

EDIT: So I dug deeper into that error. In the debug log it was showing my kinect under a different ID, as though it saw it, but gave it a different ID. I tried to change this on the plugin config but it didn't list any other device to select. So, I deleted my Kinect.ini and restarted the plugin, then reconfigured everything from scratch. Now everything is working correctly.
    Last edited by nikku; July 4, 2014, 10:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nikku
    replied
    Rebooted my server and watched the log at startup, looks like I missed a warning about it being unable to find a device. When I checked device manager using the hardware ID it listed, sure enough, that is the ID for the kinect camera. I'm thinking the Kinect might need to have a power cycle; I'm at work at the moment working on it remotely, so I'll have to wait until I get home later to powercycle it. Will update once I try that.
    Thanks for your help all!

Leave a comment:

• nikku
    replied
    Here's the log from the start to finish of the event:
    Code:
    Jul-03 10:04:07 AM	  	 Kinect	 DEBUG at HSPI_KINECT.KinectApp.TakePicture(String filePath)
    Jul-03 10:04:07 AM	  	 Kinect	 ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Jul-03 10:04:07 AM	  	 Event	 Event Trigger "Test test1"
    Jul-03 10:04:07 AM	  	 Event	 Event Test test1 triggered by the event page 'Run' button.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    set the log level to debug and paste the entire log please

Leave a comment:

• nikku
    replied
    I have Homeseer running as an administrative user on the box, and checking the directory permissions shows read/write access for admins, so it should in theory be able to write to it. I'm almost wondering if my kinect is having an issue with its camera?

Leave a comment:

• Mad leal
    replied
    Maybe it doesn't have permission to write to that directory?

Leave a comment:

• nikku
    replied
    Originally posted by Mad leal View Post
    What is your path? Maybe it needs quotes.
    I have it set to C:\Security\intrusion.jpg
    I can try quotes if you think that'd help?

EDIT: Tried quotes, same error.

Leave a comment:

• Mad leal
    replied
    What is your path? Maybe it needs quotes.

Leave a comment:

• nikku
    replied
    I'm also having a problem with this feature. I set the full file path including name, and made a test event to test. However when I run it I get the following error in the log:
    HTML Code:
    Jul-03 9:45:24 AM	  	 Kinect	 ERROR Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Any thoughts?

Leave a comment:

• Mad leal
    replied
    yep, That's it

Leave a comment:

• TechHA
    replied
    Make sure to put the entire path including file name: C:\Kinect\picture.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Mad leal
    started a topic New Feature - Take Picutre

New Feature - Take Picutre

Receive the following error when I try to run the event.

Jul-02 2:41:52 PM Kinect DEBUG at System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) at HSPI_KINECT.ImageExtensions.SaveJpeg(Image img, String filePath, Int64 quality) at HSPI_KINECT.KinectApp.TakePicture(String filePath)

Jul-02 2:41:52 PM Kinect ERROR A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Working...
X