Blade Collaboration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blade Collaboration

Any chance that the Kinect can be integrated in with Blade's radar and security plugins? Also is the kinect able to report just motion in general or does it have to detect a person. Just starting to set up home security and trying to figure out how to put it together.

I give a hearty second to both requests! BLStuff integration and the ability to detect specific persons with the Kinect.

In general I'd like to see more cooperation between plugins.
    Originally posted by rprade
    There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

what kind of integration between plugins would you like to see?
      please provide some specific examples.

Comment

Have Blade's plugins be able to use the Kinect as a motion sensor. If the Kinect can on its on generate triggers based on motion that would be great also

Comment

you can use any KinectZone device as a motion detector
          Empty would be the equivalent for No Motion, and 1 to 6 people equivalent for Motion

Click image for larger version

Name:	overalldevice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1174464

the plugin does not really detect motion but skeletons, which can be more powerful if for example you want to avoid triggering motion for your pets.

I think I could add a way to use the kinect as a dumb motion sensor as well, by analyzing the IR stream.

Comment

That may be good if possible.

Comment

Working...
            X