Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini Intel PC Sticks (ie : Meegopad T01)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Intel PC Sticks (ie : Meegopad T01)

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have added another Kinect to the house (#5) using one of the Mini PC Sticks (Looks like a Chromecast but is X86 with 2GB of Ram and Quad Core) - It has a Micro USB and a Full USB on it. A Kinect on it works right away with no extra power or USB Hub needed.

Overall, I prefer the Tablets since I have a screen - but still, I bought this months ago and it was delayed for a long time - so I went with tablets in the meantime and happy I did.

These sticks are about $100, and MANY of them do NOT come with an activated Windows - so that's HUGE (I have MSDN for my lab, so it wasn't a concern for me ....).

Still - They are cool and a Nice way to add a Kinect.

(Pic is bad, but you get the idea....)
    Attached Files

Like the mini pc. A good option, when you want don't need a screen or small form factor.
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

Comment

Originally posted by surovich View Post
      Just wanted to let everyone know that I have added another Kinect to the house (#5) using one of the Mini PC Sticks (Looks like a Chromecast but is X86 with 2GB of Ram and Quad Core) - It has a Micro USB and a Full USB on it. A Kinect on it works right away with no extra power or USB Hub needed.
      What does this plug in to? Is that the Kinect plugged into the pc (stick)? Then does this plugin to a wall USB adapter?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hey Rupp -

Yeah, it has a MicroUSB connector for power - 5V 2A - Kill A Watt says it runs at 2Watts

Theta power connector is a lone port - there are still a full USB and micro USB connector onboard.

I May put homeseer it ....

Comment

Can you use Team Viewer or Remote Desktop on the stick?

I am currently using a few Winbook TW700 as they have full USB but I like the ideal of no power / direct plug for Kinect's.

Let us know how the stick works out

Thanks,
          Steven G

Comment

Hey Steve -

You still need power for the Kinect - Not much you can do there on a PC. But yes, you cam run edition of Windows on it, I updated mine to 8.1 Pro so I could enable remote desktop.

I changed some settings in the BIOS to toy with a few things and now I need a powered USB hub for the Stick to see the Kinect's ... I need to find time to see what I did

Comment

Working...
            X