Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildcards and Remote Instances

Spud,
    I'm playing with the Wildcard example you gave in your Voice Recognition Syntax Guide post, and I can't seem to get the WAV file to play - the rest of the event is working fine.

There seem to be a couple of issues - I am using plugin V30.

1> My Kinect is a remote instance, and when I do the VR, the wav file is stored in the WAVE subdirectory on the remote PC - however, the plugin seems to be looking for the file on the HS3 box.

2> I copied over the WAV file to the HS3 box, and using the example to 'Speak the contents of a file' doesn't seem to be what you want to do, as it interprets the WAV file as a text file, and tries to speak the binary. If I change it to play a wave file, it works. I know it's playing the file from the server, as I asked my GF to try, and it played my name (the file from the HS3 box), rather than hers (which is the file on the remote instance).

Is there something I am doing wrong?

G

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post
    1> My Kinect is a remote instance, and when I do the VR, the wav file is stored in the WAVE subdirectory on the remote PC - however, the plugin seems to be looking for the file on the HS3 box.
    The example in the syntax guide will only work for a local instance. You're right about the wav file being written locally, unfortunately there is no easy way to make the plugin write the file on the HS server. There is an API call to write image files to the HS html folder, but this is limited to image files, I will ask Rich to have something more generic to write any file to the HS server.

Originally posted by gmitch64 View Post
    2> I copied over the WAV file to the HS3 box, and using the example to 'Speak the contents of a file' doesn't seem to be what you want to do, as it interprets the WAV file as a text file, and tries to speak the binary. If I change it to play a wave file, it works. I know it's playing the file from the server, as I asked my GF to try, and it played my name (the file from the HS3 box), rather than hers (which is the file on the remote instance).
    I do not tick the "Speak the contents of the file" checkbox, I put the file path directly as the "Text to be spoken"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	speakwavfile.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	1178328

but you're right "Play an Audio File" action would work too. I use the Speak action because it works with Airplay Speakers as well (whereas "Play an Audio File" doesn't)

Comment

I got this to work with a symbolic link.
      share your Wave directory on your server
      test that you can access the share first: start --> run \\servername\Wave

remove or rename the existing Wave folder on your kinnect machine and use the following syntax in an elevated command prompt
      mklink /d C:\PathToWave\Wave \\servername\Wave

Comment

Working...
      X