Kinect + WeartherXML VR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect + WeartherXML VR

Is there a way to use Kinect with WeatherXML VR?
    I created the VR events for Weather XML and then used Kinect VR Syntax to attempt to match the examples used for the speaker VR but it is not recognizing any of the day values.

Edit: I just found that I was using the published version which is a lot older than the current beta version. This might be the reason. I am currently attempting to update to the .32 release
    Last edited by eliashall; May 10, 2015, 01:36 PM.

if you still have problems please post some screenshots of your events

Comment

Full Disclosure, this is only day two and I'm trying to learn a lot all at once. I likely have misunderstood the syntax here.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eliashall View Post
        Full Disclosure, this is only day two and I'm trying to learn a lot all at once. I likely have misunderstood the syntax here.
        your triggers are correct, even with version 3.0.0.23 this should work

set the log level to Trace in the kinect config page, and have a look at the console to see what the Kinect understands. Also remember you have to say your attention phrase before each command.

I don't know anything about the WeartherXML plugin, so there may be a problem in the actions, but at least you should see in the logs that the event is triggered.

Comment

the keyword needs to be passed to WeatherXML so that it can process what you say and then output weather for the specific day you mention.
          Maybe I need a wildcard in the syntax that then gets parsed as a variable?

the built in mic syntax would be:
          (get|tell|check|whats|what is) (me|the|this)* (todays|tonights|tomorrows|sundays|mondays|tuesdays|wednesda ys|thursdays|fridays|saturdays) (temperature|weather|forecast)

Comment

Originally posted by eliashall View Post
            the keyword needs to be passed to WeatherXML so that it can process what you say and then output weather for the specific day you mention.
            Maybe I need a wildcard in the syntax that then gets parsed as a variable?

the built in mic syntax would be:
            (get|tell|check|whats|what is) (me|the|this)* (todays|tonights|tomorrows|sundays|mondays|tuesdays|wednesda ys|thursdays|fridays|saturdays) (temperature|weather|forecast)
            I see the problem now
            I don't know how the WeatherXML plugin retrieve the keyword from the built in VR engine, but it won't work with the Kinect plugin as it use a different VR engine.

with the Kinect plugin if your phrase is:
            "Give me the weather for <Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday> "

and you say "Kinect, give me the weather for Tuesday", then the plugin creates a global var called "KinectVar0" and set its value to Tuesday.

So I guess you would need to ask the WeatherXML plugin author to add a way to use this KinectVar0 global variable as the keyword

Or maybe you can achieve the same result using a script depending on what scripting functions are available in the WeatherXML plugin.

Comment

Thanks, I'll see what I can find regarding using custom global variables.

Comment

what are other Kinect users using for weather queries?

Comment

Spud,
                  For weatherXML I use the hs.LastVoiceCommandRaw function to get the phrase that the user spoke. When the HS VR Phrase trigger activates and the action is weatherXML VR, I grab that string and use the words to see what needs to be spoken.

The VR Phrase has more than one word that I need. One of the phrases that I use is:
                  (get|tell|check|whats|what is) (me|the|this)* (todays|tonights|tomorrows|sundays|mondays|tuesdays|wednesda ys|thursdays|fridays|saturdays|next) (two|three|four|five)* (days)* (temperature|weather|forecast) (for|in)* (Lawrence|Follow Me Note 3|Branson)*

I need one word from the (temperature|weather|forecast) section to know what info to speak.
                  Need one word from the (todays|tonights|....next) section to know for which day. If this word is "next" then I need a value from the (two|three|four|five) section to know how many days of info to speak.

The locations can be left off as I provide a way in the event action to pick a location to be used if none is spoken.

If you are able to provide more than one global variable, then I could add an option to the action that allows the user to select either Kinect or HS as the source of the command string. If the selection is Kinect then I would look at the global variables instead of the HS voice command string.

Or maybe you could set the value of the global variable to be the exact phrase that is spoken.
                  So in the example you posted above: "Kinect, give me the weather for Tuesday". Instead of setting the global variable to Tuesday, set it to "Kinect, give me the weather for Tuesday".

If you are interested, we can take the discussion to email and discuss a way to make the plugins work together.
                  --
                  Jeff Farmer
                  HS 3, HSPhone
                  My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                  Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Thanks for asking the question eliashall. I look forward to the collaboration between spud and CFGuy!

Thanks!

Comment

Is there any agreements with weatherxml and kinect yet?
                        Hector
                        MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                          Is there any agreements with weatherxml and kinect yet?
                          we have a plan but it's not done yet, follow this thread: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?p=1179229

Comment

Working...
                          X