Attempting to Upgrade from .23 to .32 fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attempting to Upgrade from .23 to .32 fails

Hi, I placed the zip for .32 in the zips folder, when I select to install the update it gives me a message "Install/Update of package Kinect failed."

I tried turning off all remote Kinects and disabling the instances but the error continues to present.

Originally posted by eliashall View Post
    Hi, I placed the zip for .32 in the zips folder, when I select to install the update it gives me a message "Install/Update of package Kinect failed."

I tried turning off all remote Kinects and disabling the instances but the error continues to present.
    in Task Manager make sure there isn't any HSPI_KINECT.exe running, kill it if there is one, then retry the installation.
    If it still fails, please post the logs of the installation.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply, I found that reported in the logs as well, I was not aware that the process ran on the server if you didn't have a Kinect on the server. (it's a VM and can't run the SDK drivers)
      I got the update done, thanks.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply, I found that reported in the logs as well, I was not aware that the process ran on the server if you didn't have a Kinect on the server. (it's a VM and can't run the SDK drivers)
        I got the update done, thanks.
        If you don't have a Kinect on your HS3 machine, no process is supposed to run there.
        If you only run a remote kinect, then to start it you just need to run it from the command line on the remote machine, but you don't need to start anything from the PLUG INS > Manage page.

Comment

so you are saying in my situation all the instances should be disabled?

Comment

yes

you don't even have to manually create instances from the "Manage" page.
            As long as you see your remote instances in the Remote Plug-ins section like in the screenshot below everything is ok.
            I guess I should make that clearer in the user guide

Note: you still need to install the Kinect plugin on your HS3 machine (without starting any instance) because HS3 needs it to check licenses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	remote_plugin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.0 KB
ID:	1178537

Comment

Awesome, Thanks.
              can I delete the manually created instances without losing the events which use them?

Comment

Awesome, Thanks.
                can I delete the manually created instances without losing the events which use them?
                yes

Comment

I removed the manual instances (keeping the default) and the remote instances are not showing up below the installed plugins section.
                  I manually terminated the remote plugins and re-ran the startup command and I get as far as "Waiting to be initialized..." where it just sits.

Edit: one of the two did connect, but I'm still stuck on the living-room instance called "Main"
                  Edit #2: I reset the Kinect Management service and re-ran the startup sequence. it works now.

Everything looks like it's working.

Comment

Working...
                  X