Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotech
    replied
    Yep, now seams to be working tank you. Will inform progress.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    Same here...
    have you tested version 3.0.0.35 as explained above?

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    I am getting the same error as Hozer when trying to get kinect to work with WeatherXML. is there a way to fix this. would reallly love to get this working. when I remove the event for weatherXML all is back to normal

Cheers Ken
    Same here...

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    looks like this error is due to a bug in Microsoft grammar parsing code. I have implemented an easy workaround to avoid it.

Please test version 3.0.0.35 available here:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...18#post1082218

in this new version there is a new checkbox called "Save spoken choices to global variables". Leave it unticked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	savespokenchoices.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1179015

the only case where you need to tick this checkbox is for events where you have a script that use kinectvar0, kinectvar1, etc... global variables.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    I can replicate the 'Rule reference not defined in this grammar' error if I use both WeatherXML strings, if I only use one of them it seems ok.

I'm not sure what the problem is yet, I'm working on it. In the meantime, delete your WeatherXML events or at least use only one of the command string.

Leave a comment:

• kenrad
    replied
    I am getting the same error as Hozer when trying to get kinect to work with WeatherXML. is there a way to fix this. would reallly love to get this working. when I remove the event for weatherXML all is back to normal

Cheers Ken

Leave a comment:

• Hozer
    replied
    Hi Spud/CFGuy!

I guess I'm not surprised they're related....it was just too coincidental.

Spud is right, the last part of the string is dynamically created. Here is what the WeatherXML plugin generates in my specific case:

<get|tell|check|whats|what is> [<me|the|this>] <todays|tonights|tomorrows|sundays|mondays|tuesdays|wednesda ys|thursdays|fridays|saturdays|next> [<two|three|four|five> days] <temperature|weather|forecast> [<for|in>] [<Livonia|Redford Township>]

<get|tell|check|whats|what is> [<me|the>] <temperature|weather|forecast> [<on|for>] [the] <today|tonight|tomorrow|sunday|monday|tuesday|wednesday|thur sday|friday|saturday|next> [<two|three|four|five> days] [<for|in>] [<Livonia|Redford Township>]

Let me guess, it's the space in the 'Redford Township' part of the string that's causing the problem (i.e., when it's parsed)?

Thanks again for all of the help guys!

Hozer

*** UPDATE ***

FYI, I deleted the WeatherXML VR events. I don't see the rule error anymore, but I still can't seem to get the Kinect VR working again.

Not sure if this is relevant or not, but when I stop/restart the Kinect plugin, (among other things) it warns me about not being able to find some devices (not sure what that is about), initializes the VR, builds grammars, runs through a bunch of rules, etc., starts VR and then immediately stops it again. It ends with the Kinect initalized message (after having presumably left VR stopped? Please see below). Should it be leaving off at this point?

Uncertain where I should go from here...thanks!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hozer; June 8, 2015, 09:31 PM. Reason: Add an update

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
    Here are the 2 VR strings that I display on the screen so the phrases can be copied to the event.
    In my instructions I have them create 2 events.

PHP Code:

<get|tell|check|whats|what is>  [<me|the|this>] <todays|tonights|tomorrows|sundays|mondays|tuesdays|wednesdays|thursdays|fridays|saturdays|next> [<two|three|four|five>  days] <temperature|weather|forecast> [<for|in>] [<Lawrence|Follow Me Note 3|Branson>]

<
    get|tell|check|whats|what is>  [<me|the>] <temperature|weather|forecast> [<on|for>] [the] <today|tonight|tomorrow|sunday|monday|tuesday|wednesday|thursday|friday|saturday|next> [<two|three|four|five>  days] [<for|in>] [<Lawrence|Follow Me Note 3|Branson>] 
    well, it looks like the last part is dynamically generated, for example I just tested and I got [<Location #1>]
    that's why I asked Hozer the exact command he entered.

Leave a comment:

• CFGuy
    replied
    Here are the 2 VR strings that I display on the screen so the phrases can be copied to the event.
    In my instructions I have them create 2 events.

PHP Code:

<get|tell|check|whats|what is>  [<me|the|this>] <todays|tonights|tomorrows|sundays|mondays|tuesdays|wednesdays|thursdays|fridays|saturdays|next> [<two|three|four|five>  days] <temperature|weather|forecast> [<for|in>] [<Lawrence|Follow Me Note 3|Branson>]

<
    get|tell|check|whats|what is>  [<me|the>] <temperature|weather|forecast> [<on|for>] [the] <today|tonight|tomorrow|sunday|monday|tuesday|wednesday|thursday|friday|saturday|next> [<two|three|four|five>  days] [<for|in>] [<Lawrence|Follow Me Note 3|Branson>] 

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    there is a problem with one of your Kinect VR command, it's probably the one you entered for the WeatherXML plugin. Could you paste here what you entered?

disabling the WeatherXML events is not enough, the Kinect plugin will still try to parse the commands. So, try to change the trigger to something else than a "Kinect trigger > A phrase was recognized", then restart the plugin and see if you still get the same error.

Leave a comment:

• Hozer
    started a topic 'Rule reference not defined in this grammar' error

'Rule reference not defined in this grammar' error

Hi,

Has anyone seen this error before? It appeared after I tried to set up WeatherXML to work with the Kinect Plugin. All I did was add the suggested events for the WeatherXML plugin (i.e., I didn't edit any grammars or anything in the Kinect plugin). Now the Kinect doesn't appear to recognize any VR commands (i.e., it doesn't even show any attempts at recognition in the log file, just the person recognition tracking).

I have since disabled the WeatherXML events, tried to stop/restart both plugins, HS, etc., but I get the same results.

A screen capture of the error in my log file is attached.

I'm running version 3.0.0.34 of the Kinect plugin and version 3.0.0.29 of WeatherXML.

If anyone has any suggestions for a fix (or other things I can check) I would really appreciate it. TIA.

Hozer
    Attached Files
Working...
X