Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voice command not listened in first attempt ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice command not listened in first attempt ?

I have a concern why doesn't kinect respond When I speak to it the first time, it always respond in the second attempt in a silent room. Is there a way to make it more sensitive when speaking the attention frase?
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    I have a concern why doesn't kinect respond When I speak to it the first time, it always respond in the second attempt in a silent room. Is there a way to make it more sensitive when speaking the attention frase?
    I'm afraid this is a "depends" kind of question. I've tried increasing mic levels, but then any distant noise is picked up, too low and you have to really raise your voice.
    Ambient noise is a big factor, especially a TV, radio or music which is in the regular range for voice. Saying that, I don't think there's any kind of band filtering really, as my parrot does some whistle type calls that manage to trigger the attention and a random phrase.

I would suggest using only phrases that rely on explicit hard pronunciation - the attention phrase especially. Don't use words that have soft sounds (s, f, th, etc), which is a bit of a problem as off/on is kind of the best combination to use in most circumstances, and may need the soft word in the middle - "turn off TV" is slightly better than "turn TV off".

Comment

Working...
    X