X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wadesready
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    I couldn't find a way to replicate this problem consistently, so it's been very difficult to debug.

One workaround I could try to add is an option to autorestart the plugin every X minutes.

thanks spud I'll give that a try...update....I installed Johns plugin script and now I am HAPPY once again. both Kinects work when they should be working.
    Last edited by wadesready; August 9, 2017, 09:27 AM. Reason: update

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    is this just the way it is spud? is there no solution to this? I have two kinects and they both act the same way at times. it seems like they go to sleep and remain unresponsive until I shut down the remote and restart it, then it is fine for awhile again.
    I couldn't find a way to replicate this problem consistently, so it's been very difficult to debug.

One workaround I could try to add is an option to autorestart the plugin every X minutes.

Leave a comment:

• wadesready
    replied
    Originally posted by wadesready View Post
    did anyone find a resolution to a local kinect non-response? besides restarting the plug-in? I have this problem and it seems to be getting worse....
    is this just the way it is spud? is there no solution to this? I have two kinects and they both act the same way at times. it seems like they go to sleep and remain unresponsive until I shut down the remote and restart it, then it is fine for awhile again.

Leave a comment:

• wadesready
    replied
    Originally posted by Rotech View Post
    I am going to try another Kinect device to see if this is a hardware issue. If this doesn't work I may need to uninstall plugin, Any one having issues with this problem?
    did anyone find a resolution to a local kinect non-response? besides restarting the plug-in? I have this problem and it seems to be getting worse....

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    I am going to try another Kinect device to see if this is a hardware issue. If this doesn't work I may need to uninstall plugin, Any one having issues with this problem?

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    not sure I understand what you mean by 25k or 32k?
    what you have to look at in task manager is the CPU column, it's a % of the total CPU available (so it doesn't have a "k" at the end)

the log you attached only contains the initialization of the plugin so there is not much to see there.
    The 25k and 32k is the CPU usage, I currently have the plugin disable to see if I get the lagging again. So far it has been stable. Any other test I can do?
    Last edited by Rotech; October 21, 2015, 06:21 AM. Reason: Correcting question

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Disabling all except voice recognition is hovers around 32k. If I disable voice reconnition it drops to 25k.
    not sure I understand what you mean by 25k or 32k?
    what you have to look at in task manager is the CPU column, it's a % of the total CPU available (so it doesn't have a "k" at the end)

the log you attached only contains the initialization of the plugin so there is not much to see there.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Bump

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Spud, for some reason the log file that I wanted to attach did not work work. but here it is. this was I think not sure before or after I ended the proceeds in task manager.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    when you restart the kinect plugin does it immediatly takes 100% CPU?

the kinect plugin can be pretty CPU intensive especially if you use all the features, try to disable some of them: "Gesture, Posture and Person Recognition", camera, voice recognition...
    Disabling all except voice recognition is hovers around 32k. If I disable voice reconnition it drops to 25k.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Spud

today I notice that my TTS event where lagging. I opened task manager and CPU usage was at 100%. I then started turn off processes to see if the CPU usage will scale itself down. the kiect was at around 53k, when I turn kinect process off cpu usage came down to less the 10%. I captured info from log, didnt see any specific error. But maybe you can see things that I dont.
    when you restart the kinect plugin does it immediatly takes 100% CPU?

the kinect plugin can be pretty CPU intensive especially if you use all the features, try to disable some of them: "Gesture, Posture and Person Recognition", camera, voice recognition...

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    keep the log level to trace until the problem happens again then post the latest log lines from the Kinect plugin.
    Spud

today I notice that my TTS event where lagging. I opened task manager and CPU usage was at 100%. I then started turn off processes to see if the CPU usage will scale itself down. the kiect was at around 53k, when I turn kinect process off cpu usage came down to less the 10%. I captured info from log, didnt see any specific error. But maybe you can see things that I dont.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    It a local instance.
    When placing log level to "trace" what do you want me to test? Or what do you want me to do afterwards?
    keep the log level to trace until the problem happens again then post the latest log lines from the Kinect plugin.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    Hector,
    Is it a local or remote instance?
    could you provide some logs with log level=trace?
    thanks
    It a local instance.
    When placing log level to "trace" what do you want me to test? Or what do you want me to do afterwards?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Hector,
    Is it a local or remote instance?
    could you provide some logs with log level=trace?
    thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X