• Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem connecting to remote PC w/Kinect

I set up a remote laptop w/Kinect Sensor on it. this is what I get:

Dec-01 7:52:12 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Kinect
    Dec-01 7:52:12 PM Kinect WARNING No Kinect found
    Dec-01 7:52:11 PM Kinect INFO Kinect version 3.0.0.36
    Dec-01 7:52:11 PM Info Plugin Kinect with instance 1 has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53885
    Dec-01 7:52:10 PM Plug-In Interface Kinect is running as a trial, 28 days remaining.

The IP address is shows is local ip, right? Could it be related to the fact that I don't se HSPI_kinect.exe as a process running? the computer rebooted...was I supposed to put it in the startup folder or something?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

how do you start the remote plugin instance?

for a remote instance you can't start it from the web interface, you need to start it manually from the command line as explained in the User Guide.
    If you want this instance to start everytime your laptop start then yes you need to create a .bat file with your command line and put it in the startup folder

Comment

I created the Bat file, it works well once I put it in the start folder on the remote computer. I rebooted Alfred, the server, and I see this on the remote computer (screenshot of com window) and this in the HS status (hs web screenshot)

thanks for help, i'm really looking forward to getting this working.
      Attached Files
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

not sure I follow: the first time the remote plugin is started it works fine, the Kinect sensor is found but then after a reboot of the server, the plugin reconnect to the server but the Kinect sensor is not found anymore? Is this the problem?

can you set the log level to debug and do your test again?

Comment

Working...
        X