Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kinect remote, should the plugin be enabled locally as well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinect remote, should the plugin be enabled locally as well?

Hi! Running Kinect remotely on a laptop, works just fine. However, as I read the instructions, the plugin should be disabled on the Homeseer server, just having the remote instance running. But if I do that, I'm not able to configure the remote instance? The configuration page just shows up blank. What am I missing?

Anyone?

Comment

if you don't have a kinect sensor connected to your HS3 machine, you don't need to enable a local instance of the plugin.

there is a bug in HS3 that makes the links to the config pages disappear for all the instances when you only stop one instance.

try to restart HS3 then start your remote kinect instance. Can you access the config page from PLUG-INS > Kinect > Config - <instance> ?

Comment

Yes, that worked Guess the restart of HS3 did it. Thanks!

Now to test if the speech recognition still works (am at work ATM, so have to wait to get home to test).

Comment

when I disable the local plugin it says that my lic is missing and disables all of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
            when I disable the local plugin it says that my lic is missing and disables all of them?
            This is a HS3 bug, plugins don't have any direct control on licensing. Everything usually goes back to normal if you restart HS3

I don't know when it will be officially released, but HS3 version 3.0.0.220 is available here: http://homeseer.com/updates3/SetupHS3_3_0_0_220.exe
            It fixes the problem of plugin instances being stopped when another plugin is started/stopped, but use it at your own risk as I don't know what other changes are in there.

Comment

I have installed the new HS3

its still acting as before...
              Enable to obtain a license

and when one disconnects it messes them all up

Comment

Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
                I have installed the new HS3

its still acting as before...
                Enable to obtain a license

and when one disconnects it messes them all up
                sorry, but you need to figure out this problem directly with HST, there is not much I can do here...

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  sorry, but you need to figure out this problem directly with HST, there is not much I can do here...
                  I'm actually working on 2 possible solutions that I think everyone will be interested in.

That will put the Kinect on the network with out a computer.

I will post my results.

Comment

Working...
                  X