Just a question to everyone with experience with kinects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a question to everyone with experience with kinects

Would it be possible to have 2 homeseer servers one virtual and one physical

the physical only running the Kinect plugin with multiple kinects connected to it and being able to control devices on the virtual homeseer?

not sure I understand what you want to do, why do you need 2 homeseer server?

You can have one or several kinect plugin instances running remotely on your physical machine, and connecting to HS3 running on your virtual server

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      not sure I understand what you want to do, why do you need 2 homeseer server?

You can have one or several kinect plugin instances running remotely on your physical machine, and connecting to HS3 running on your virtual server
      I am having constant problems with all my testing of having remote plugin running.

I can not plug in the devices physically to the VM. But I really want to use the Kinects. as the speaker clients really suck.
      and I need to run multiple kinects

Comment

I consider having to reboot the HS server every time a remote client disconnects a pretty huge flaw.

plus they just stop working.

the details of the setup instructions are not very detailed.
        if there is a perfect way to set everything up. Please give detailed step by step instructions..

Comment

I'm not sure what you're experiencing. I have one Kinect and it isn't connected to my HS server. It runs on my desktop. It turns on and off all the time.
          Originally posted by rprade
          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

Originally posted by S-F View Post
            I'm not sure what you're experiencing. I have one Kinect and it isn't connected to my HS server. It runs on my desktop. It turns on and off all the time.
            would you mind giving me specific details to how everything is setup?

I would greatly appreciate it

Comment

All I do isrun this batch file:

Code:
              CHDIR C:\Users\Erasmus\Documents\Kinect
              hspi_kinect.exe server=192.168.1.143 instance=Livingroom autoreconnect=120
              It runs form the startup folder and I also use jon00's RCCNM plugin to kill it when hibernating and run it again when resuming from hibernation. My PC hibernates when I'm in bed or not home. So it goes through potentially dozens of cycles daily.
              Last edited by S-F; February 16, 2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Instead of killing the plugin why not use its event actions to enable and disable recognition?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                  Instead of killing the plugin why not use its event actions to enable and disable recognition?

Would that work? It gets killed when I hibernate the PC. I seem to recall it having difficulties reconnecting unless I start it fresh after a resume from hibernation.

Comment

All I do isrun this batch file:

Code:
                    HDIR C:\Users\Erasmus\Documents\Kinect
                    hspi_kinect.exe server=192.168.1.143 instance=Livingroom autoreconnect=120
                    It runs form the startup folder and I also use jon00's RCCNM plugin to kill it when hibernating and run it again when resuming from hibernation. My PC hibernates when I'm in bed or not home. So it goes through potentially dozens of cycles daily.
                    can you give info on the jon00 plugin. I do not know it.

Also please give me detailed info on how your server side is setup.
                    Thank you

Comment

In HS I created a new instance of the plugin and called it Livingroom. The main instance is always disabled. I seem to recall enabling it once accidentally and weird things happening, though that could be my overactive imagination. That's about it really.

The jon00 plugin is call Remote Computer Control and Network Monitor. There is a HUGE thread of it in his plugin form. You can download it from his site. It is astounding how comprehensive it is.

Comment

In HS I created a new instance of the plugin and called it Livingroom. The main instance is always disabled. I seem to recall enabling it once accidentally and weird things happening, though that could be my overactive imagination. That's about it really.

The jon00 plugin is call Remote Computer Control and Network Monitor. There is a HUGE thread of it in his plugin form. You can download it from his site. It is astounding how comprehensive it is.
                        is the new instance enabled?
                        could you provide a link to jon00 plugin please

Comment

The remote instance becomes enabled as soon as I run that batch file and disables when it stops running.

Here's the link to Jon00 RCCNM: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147334

Comment

The remote instance becomes enabled as soon as I run that batch file and disables when it stops running.

Here's the link to Jon00 RCCNM: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147334
                            I found his website, but I do not see this plugin. Looks interesting.

Comment

Try sleep vs hibernate

Comment

Working...
                              X