Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mwillis
    replied
    it still has issues if I stop a remote plug in the others disappear in the plugin menu.

Leave a comment:

• Mwillis
    replied
    Okay.. so they are now working even though they have the license message.

I want to thank everyone for helping me out. I am still interested in having one system control all these... I really do not want to have to build a computer for every place I want a Kinect... If I have to I will. But seems redundant.

if anyone has any more info to share please do.

I was looking into raspberry pi 2 with windows 10 IoT to run the plugin. But I would have to write a ton of programming to do this. pretty much would need a dev team as far as I know. and I believe the xbox connects would not work.

If anyone knows of something like the raspberry pi that will work let me know. I think I may look into some thin clients. or maybe the mini pc systems.

Leave a comment:

• Mwillis
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    what kind of license error do you get?
    what version of HS3 are you running?
    If you disable all your instances, then restart HS3, then start one remote plugin do you get the license problem?
    Enable to obtain a license

Current Date/Time: 2/16/2016 4:38:03 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.220
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro - Work Station
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 1 Minute 35 Seconds
    IP Address: 172.16.0.20
    Number of Devices: 528
    Number of Events: 137

Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.5.0: BLGarbage
    2.0.49.0: BLLock
    2.0.7.0: BLMapper
    2.0.6.0: BLPlugins
    2.0.32.0: BLSecurity
    2.0.66.0: BLStat
    2.0.5.0: BLTouchString
    3.0.18.16463: Blue-Iris
    3.0.0.79: HSTouch Server
    3.0.5.20: Insteon
    3.0.0.11: NetCAM
    1.0.0.2: Restart
    3.0.5857.37252: UltraGCIR3
    3.0.5874.29118: UltraLog3
    3.0.5850.31186: UltraMon3
    3.0.0.41: weatherXML
    3.0.0.36: XBMC
    3.0.1.25: Z-Wave

I still get the error after restarting HS server

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    what kind of license error do you get?
    what version of HS3 are you running?
    If you disable all your instances, then restart HS3, then start one remote plugin do you get the license problem?

Leave a comment:

• Mwillis
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    you must NOT enable the extra instances for the remote kinects from the web interface, it is very likely to cause problems because you would have two processes running with the same instance name.

again, make sure you run 3.0.0.40 for all your remote instances and that all HS dlls are the same on remote and HS computer.

yes you do have to make a different trigger for each instance, but global commands are coming in next version of the plugin.
    I am running the versions. and if I disable them it stops working...
    it gives a license error

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by Mwillis View Post
    If I disable the main instance. and extra instances for the remote kinects and do not enable them. I get license errors.

If I restart one of the systems the hs server has to be restarted to get it back up.

and they just stop working... as of right now they are not working.

so I would like to clone someone setup that is not having problems.

also do I have to make events for the same commands for every instance?
    you must NOT enable the extra instances for the remote kinects from the web interface, it is very likely to cause problems because you would have two processes running with the same instance name.

again, make sure you run 3.0.0.40 for all your remote instances and that all HS dlls are the same on remote and HS computer.

yes you do have to make a different trigger for each instance, but global commands are coming in next version of the plugin.

Leave a comment:

• S-F
    replied
    I don't know what to tell you. I have never experienced any of the problems you speak of. It just works for me I guess. I can't imagine what's wrong for you since there is really very little configuration.

I only have one Kinect but I do believe you need to create individual events for each Kinect. No big deal though. Just copy the events and change the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• Mwillis
    replied
    Originally posted by S-F View Post
    Sleep still uses power. Does it matter if I kill it and run it? It hasn't seemed to effect me at all.

@ Mwillis,

What is the problem? How is it not stable? Really the configuration is pretty simple. There aren't that many options.
    If I disable the main instance. and extra instances for the remote kinects and do not enable them. I get license errors.

If I restart one of the systems the hs server has to be restarted to get it back up.

and they just stop working... as of right now they are not working.

so I would like to clone someone setup that is not having problems.

also do I have to make events for the same commands for every instance?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    for stability issues, make sure you run version 3.0.0.40 and that you use the autoreconnect parameter for your remote instance.

Leave a comment:

• S-F
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Try sleep vs hibernate

Sleep still uses power. Does it matter if I kill it and run it? It hasn't seemed to effect me at all.

@ Mwillis,

What is the problem? How is it not stable? Really the configuration is pretty simple. There aren't that many options.

Leave a comment:

• Mwillis
    replied
    Originally posted by kideon View Post
    Try sleep vs hibernate
    the systems that have my kinects do not sleep or go off line.

I just want to get this setup to work stable

Leave a comment:

• kideon
    replied
    Try sleep vs hibernate

Leave a comment:

• Mwillis
    replied
    The remote instance becomes enabled as soon as I run that batch file and disables when it stops running.

Here's the link to Jon00 RCCNM: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147334
    I found his website, but I do not see this plugin. Looks interesting.

Leave a comment:

• S-F
    replied
    The remote instance becomes enabled as soon as I run that batch file and disables when it stops running.

Here's the link to Jon00 RCCNM: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=147334

Leave a comment:

• Mwillis
    replied
    In HS I created a new instance of the plugin and called it Livingroom. The main instance is always disabled. I seem to recall enabling it once accidentally and weird things happening, though that could be my overactive imagination. That's about it really.

The jon00 plugin is call Remote Computer Control and Network Monitor. There is a HUGE thread of it in his plugin form. You can download it from his site. It is astounding how comprehensive it is.
    is the new instance enabled?
    could you provide a link to jon00 plugin please

Leave a comment:

Working...
X