Horrible New Forum Website!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrible New Forum Website!!

Am I the only one that noticed how horrible the forum now displays on a tablet?

The new website doesn't display posting date (so forget about trying to see new ones),

Clicking on the "desktop" mode does nothing but refresh the page and back to the "mobile" version.

Is this what Homeseer is really spending time 'improving'?

Its all on the eye of the beholder....to my eyes its HORRIBLE.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by clafa; February 28th, 2017, 08:57 AM.

Most users use TapTalk on mobile devices. In addition this forums software hasn't changed in a long time. Are you seeing recent changes?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      Most users use TapTalk on mobile devices. In addition this forums software hasn't changed in a long time. Are you seeing recent changes?
      It appears it was changed yesterday as it started showing differently on my iPad, looks to be some sort of mobile client...not a truly great format (some bits of info are missing) but I can live with it.
      My Plugins:

Pushover 3P | DoorBird 3P | Current Cost 3P | Velleman K8055 3P | LAMetric 3P | Garadget 3P | Hive 3P |
      Yeelight 3P | Nanoleaf 3P

Comment

I cannot use my iPad to view the forum any longer, it is a mess. There is a "Desktop View" choice at the bottom that doesn't do anything and I am not going to purchase the Tapatalk app just for this forum.

I used my iPad almost half the time, so I really hope this gets fixed.
        Randy Prade
        Aurora, CO
        Prades.net

PHLocation - Pushover - EasyTrigger - UltraECM3 - Ultra1Wire3 - Arduino

Comment

I see the same. On an iPad browser it used to display like in a browser on a Windows laptop, but since last night (?) it does not display nicely on the iPad browser: many icons are missing, is rendered differently then on the laptop. Something must have changed (I cleared cashes with same results). I tried both Chrome and Safari on the iPad with same results.

Comment

Still looks the same from my Surface Pro tablet
            HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

It changed yesterday. Tapatalk is no longer a free app. While it is only $3.00 I was able to navigate the forum and post replies on my iPad or my PC using the same interface until yesterday.
              Randy Prade
              Aurora, CO
              Prades.net

Comment

Not a fan of the changes either. If this is to stay, desktop mode needs to function.
                Jon

Comment

Just tried it from my iPhone and looks good (IMHO) using it, much better than how it rendered before. I normally use Tapatalk on my phone though.

Cheers
                  Al
                  HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                    Still looks the same from my Surface Pro tablet
                    It still works fine on my Windows convertable like your Pro, but I think they report as a desktop browser with touch, where the iOS and Androids report as tablets.
                    Randy Prade
                    Aurora, CO
                    Prades.net

Comment

this is how the forum looks like on an IPAD

Not sure why the changes...

No column that indicates the Date of the post...or who posted the latest....etc...etc..

Tapatalk has Ads like crazy...

why change something that worked?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I noticed it last night on a tablet with FireFox. TapaTalk has tons of ads now and is tough to use. I guess I need to spend the $3
                        HS3Pro Running on a Raspberry Pi3
                        64 Z-Wave Nodes, 168 Events, 280 Devices
                        UPB modules via OMNI plugin/panel
                        Plugins: Z-Wave, BLRF, OMNI, HSTouch, weatherXML, EasyTrigger
                        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 Joggler

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
                          It changed yesterday. Tapatalk is no longer a free app. While it is only $3.00 I was able to navigate the forum and post replies on my iPad or my PC using the same interface until yesterday.
                          I just loaded the free version of TapTalk here on an Android device and it works fine. Look for TapTalk and not TapTalk Pro.
                          -Rupp
                          sigpic

Comment

I just loaded the free version of TapTalk here on an Android device and it works fine. Look for TapTalk and not TapTalk Pro.
                            I'm not getting this. Why do we need to load TapaTalk when it was fine as it was on an iPad until yesterday?
                            Last edited by jon00; February 28th, 2017, 09:37 AM.
                            Jon

Comment

I'm with Jon, I don't understand the changes. Tapatalk free has a bunch of ads. In light of the discussions last month about ad blockers, I would think it would be better for HomeSeer to get the revenue from Google for ads than to give it to Tapatalk. I will put up with the ads on the desktop site because the revenue goes to HST. I also would very much prefer to use the same interface across my devices, instead of having to navigate them differently.
                              Randy Prade
                              Aurora, CO
                              Prades.net

Comment

Working...
                              X