X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waynehead99
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    Comcast is advertising a voice remote for their xfinity box. What technology does it use?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It uses some sort of RF. I don't have to the remote pointed at the unit ever to have it work. It seems most of my stuff now except TV is being controlled by RF in some way. The devices do still have the IR receiver and I still use it to control those devices, but I agree, I think its going away.

Right now the Harmony Hub deals with it by utilizing either Bluetooth or network for connected devices, so I suspect control will be difficult to do initially on some devices, but over time this will be a none issue.

I agree about the cloud debate too, its a tough one to swallow, but it opens options for electric companies to get on the bandwagon as well and offer something (I think this could be a gold mine for them once they think about it, but I also thought they would be more in the internet arena as well and you don't see it much).

Voice control will be the future, everyone wants the star trek like feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied
    Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
    Some of my thoughts...

4) IR control of TV's etc likely to go by the wayside in favour of low power radio links like BLE or similar, likely to make control by third parties more difficult.

Comcast is advertising a voice remote for their xfinity box. What technology does it use?

Steve Q

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    started a topic Future of Home Automation

Future of Home Automation

Working...
X