Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quatech QSE-100D not acting nice on Win10...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quatech QSE-100D not acting nice on Win10...

I'm beginning to suspect that my Quatech QSE-100D for RS232 over ethernet device is not playing nice on Windows 10.

Yes, the drivers I have are old. But I can't find any new ones either.
    I have only one port in use, but would love to use 2-3 more for other stuff.

What happens is that after a week, the HS3 server will lose some of the network communication, and BLLED hangs to a point where it can't even be terminated (gives an "Access is denied" error).

Any pointers on what I can do? New drivers?
    New device? In which case, which RS232 over ethernet device is working well?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Here still have three but only using one these days and it works fine using four ports with old windows server 2003.

That said I have contacted the company over the years and they have purchased by another company called B and B Smartworx located locally here in the same state.

On Oct 13, 2011, B&B Electronics Manufacturing Company, Inc. proudly announced its acquisition of Quatech, a global leader in Ethernet, Wi-Fi, USB and serial device networking and connectivity solutions for industrial environments. The two companies, with their combined product offerings, will offer expanded product solutions and distribution channels, as well as continued excellent customer service and support.

The original Quatech company quit supporting the device way long time ago and never upgraded their drivers / software. B and B Smartworx originally was based in Wisconsin the moved to Illinois and now is owned by Advantech.

CS said all they did was post or archive all of the old drivers and said there would be no updates as the Quatech devices were no longer supported.

Please note our new company name
    B&B Electronics has become B+B SmartWorx and we are now part of the Advantech family. advantech-bb.com will replace bb-elec.com in our email addresses going forward.

In Wisconsin Quatech support from B and B was non existent such that I gave up.

Years ago utilize an ethernet Digi 16 port terminal with custom wired RJ-45 ports. Worked well for me except for the custom RJ-45 serial port wiring.

Today you can just make a serial ethernet server with an RPi.

Years ago (maybe 10) tested a Digi USB Anywhere connected to a Digi Edgeport to work just fine in a Windows Environment.
    Last edited by Pete; March 15th, 2018, 05:58 PM.
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
    HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Today you can just make a serial ethernet server with an RPi.
      Yeah, I was thinking about that. Perhaps I should give it a go...
      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Here doing that today for my Z-Wave and 1-wire hub POE connected RPi in the attic.

IE: with one USB to Serial cable and one serial device you can utilize sertonet. It is the same if you connect a Digi Edgeport to the RPi.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb- Mono 6.8X
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Pro - V4.0.5.0 - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Kaby Lake CPU - 32Gb - Mono 6.8X
        HS4 Lite -

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Smartthings hub, Hubitat Hub, and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
        X