Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accurate humidity sensor and motion ( pet immune)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Accurate humidity sensor and motion ( pet immune)

    Hi,

    I presently have a zoo 4-1 sensors , which can detect humidity and motion.

    -If i set it to low sensitivity, my (3) cats trigger it easily... So the bathroom light remain open for nothing.

    - i also set the humidity sensor to trigger the bathroom fan when the bathroom reaches 65 % of humidity ... but i presume the humidity sensor does not work as good as i thought. Sometime it works .. sometime it is not... And i visually see there is more than 65 humidity.

    So , i would just move this sensor somewhere else and get a good motion detection ( pet immune) and a good humidity sensor separately.
    Do you guys have some ideas for this?

    ( I actually have a z wave + usb stick, and a Conbee ( that I never installed... but will do if i find interesting Zigbee nodes)).
    Could also go wifi if the units are efficient and reliable.. I remember seeing a wifi node somewhere for humidity but do not remember where.


    Thanks.
    Matt

  • #2
    as a side node:

    I also have node-red, openhab, jeedom and home assistant running on the same linux box as my homeseer. So i don't care passing some valus by node-red if this is the only solution.

    My programming skill at zero, except for copy-pasting. i understand how scripts works but won't be able to write one myself. In resume, my node-red skill is limited to passing information in node-red as is

    Comment


    • #3
      Maybe i can install a cheap z-wave thermostat to gt the humidify value , in the bathroom? Is there one accurate?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
        Maybe i can install a cheap z-wave thermostat to gt the humidify value , in the bathroom? Is there one accurate?
        Summerguy - I am also looking for an accurate sensor. Watching this with interest, maybe someone will chime in. I'm testing a Monoprice sensor now.
        See here for the issues I've had. Problems mostly due to my running Beta & but now I do not have time to test as I would like.
        https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=196872

        Comment


        • #5

          Comment


          • #6
            There's no real "pet immune" sensor unless your pets are dead.

            Sensor location is key to this as well as sensor type. Omni-directional or Curtain. The best way to not have a pet set off a motion sensor is for the sensor to NOT see them. Curtain motion sensors are great for this as they are like a beam across an entry or area.

            I'm not aware of any z-wave curtain motion sensors available. NYCE makes a great ZigBee sensor. Does not work with deConz yet. Maybe soon. Does work with Vera.

            An option I've recently deployed and is working great is a Xiaomi (spelling??) motion sensor (person detector). It's super super small works with deConz and I have it positioned in such a way that it behaves like a curtain sensor.

            As for the hunt for a Humidity sensor that remotes quickly, as noted by others the aeon with power is probably your best bet for quick updates on changes.

            It would be nice for z-wave sensors to come out that were single purpose and a reasonable cost like the Strips sensors but much cheaper. Mentioning those it might be your best option for the humidity sensor.

            Comment


            • #7
              About the only way to make a PID pet immune is to mount it in such a way that your pet is never in its field of view. Many times this means that you may have to mount it closer to the floor and upside down so the field of view is never goes below the height of your pet.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

              Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

              Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Timon View Post
                Many times this means that you may have to mount it closer to the floor and upside down so the field of view is never goes below the height of your pet.
                this is exactly what I did, it is like 5 feet froom the floor...upside down.

                This sensors seems to have a very large vertical field of detection..
                Last edited by MattL0; July 26th, 2018, 12:54 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
                  There's no real "pet immune" sensor unless your pets are dead.

                  Sensor location is key to this as well as sensor type. Omni-directional or Curtain. The best way to not have a pet set off a motion sensor is for the sensor to NOT see them. Curtain motion sensors are great for this as they are like a beam across an entry or area.

                  I'm not aware of any z-wave curtain motion sensors available. NYCE makes a great ZigBee sensor. Does not work with deConz yet. Maybe soon. Does work with Vera.

                  An option I've recently deployed and is working great is a Xiaomi (spelling??) motion sensor (person detector). It's super super small works with deConz and I have it positioned in such a way that it behaves like a curtain sensor.

                  As for the hunt for a Humidity sensor that remotes quickly, as noted by others the aeon with power is probably your best bet for quick updates on changes.

                  It would be nice for z-wave sensors to come out that were single purpose and a reasonable cost like the Strips sensors but much cheaper. Mentioning those it might be your best option for the humidity sensor.

                  thank you , will chek for a beam one.

                  And will try an aeon plugged into ac.

                  --- I think i will try the aeon first and see after. Maybe the motion thing will be easier to play with. versus the zooz

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Summerguy View Post
                    this is exactly what is did, i it is like 5 foot froom the floor...upside down.

                    This sensors seems to have a very large horizontal field of detection..
                    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                    Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
                    Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

                    Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                    3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
                    4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
                    3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

                    Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
                    SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We have a ZOOZ 4-in-1 sensor and use it for humidity in our bathroom. It is mounted above and just outside of our shower enclosure. It works to turn our exhaust fans on about 95% of the time.
                      Michael

                      HS3 Pro 3.0.0.470 | 849 devices | 349 events | OpenSprinkler | BLShutdown | EasyTrigger | NetCAM | Harmony Hub | Sonos | SDJ-Health | BLUPS | PHLocation | BLBackup | BLLock | Z-Wave 3.0.1.243 | weatherXML | Pushover 3P | Blue-Iris | AirPlaySpeak

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is the sensorss I was talking about !!( the one I didn’t remember the name in the first post).
                        :

                        https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.mais...yvalentes/amp/


                        sorry for the french, please use google translate or another website in english.


                        they are cloud base but they can push with httand there a json api.
                        I just need to know how to collect those informations into hs3. Somebody already did this?
                        Last edited by MattL0; August 26th, 2018, 06:42 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There's someone working on a plugin that works with wireless tags. I've also thought about making one as well just never bought any of the tags.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Edit: seems like something userfriendly is already bene set on the node-red side... I am tempted to buy some now...but I will read a little more about this before.
                            Last edited by MattL0; August 26th, 2018, 06:30 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Sorry Node red node : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-...ib-wirelesstag

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X