Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bsobel
    replied
    FYI on the Mono ASPX issue: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ge-compilation

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Understood.

Here going baby steps adding plugins to my two HS3 running in Linux and utilizing my Leviton Omni Pro panel as a primary controller and base automation for X10, UPB, Zigbee and ZWave.

Homeseer also does X10, Wireless X10, UPB, Zigbee and ZWave now.

Homeseer and the Samsung Hub provides an addedum to the base automation.

And recently have added Home Assistant, Node Red, Mosquitto to the mix of automation boxes here. IE: like to tinker
    Last edited by Pete; November 5, 2018, 03:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by Pete View Post
    bsobel
    Here do not utilize ASPX on my two Linux HS3 boxes and using current release of Mono.
    While you many not currently, it does block of a number of plugins. Many of Jon00 uses ASPX as well as Blades... FYI as I hadn't even realized this until I did the upgrade and those broke...

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    Originally posted by MattLau View Post
    From https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/9883

Maybe that is the last option?
    If someone want to works on this bug... and we gives like 5-10$ each.... this bug will be a thing of the past..
    Im in...

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    From https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/9883

I know Aspx is ''old''. But if someone knows how to resolve that i think we can donate a certain ammount $$ on hs3 side ! I'll start something , if someone want to resolves this bug.

Thanks

Maybe that is the last option?
    If someone want to works on this bug... and we gives like 5-10$ each.... this bug will be a thing of the past..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    The latest version of Mono does not work with HS, VB/ASPX is broken. 5.0.1 is the latest 5.x version that works. Bug is open to Mono: https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/9883
    Haha ... I did open this bug request.... but I am not the one who will resolve it . But I am pleased to see some activities at the end of this issue :O ... who knows... lol

edti: yeah.. one reference on month ago

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I also locked my mono repo to 5.0.1.1. But I just updated to mono 5.18.I guest it's time to move on from old .aspx... (catch 22 haha)

----

This is not to much related... but we go to linux to get better control and stability etc... and we lock mono to an old version...
    It,s up to the user to chose whatever he wants... but that sounds a little like, ... a dissonant way of acting/thinking

Just an opinion.
    Last edited by ; November 3, 2018, 07:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    bsobel

Thank you Bill relating to version of Mono to utilize - IE: 5.0.1

Here do not utilize ASPX on my two Linux HS3 boxes and using current release of Mono.

ICSPine64:~# mono -V
    Mono JIT compiler version 5.16.0.179 (tarball Thu Oct 4 11:44:02 UTC 2018)
    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com

There is a DIY here on the forum for installing an older release of Mono on your Linux box.

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    The latest version of Mono does not work with HS, VB/ASPX is broken. 5.0.1 is the latest 5.x version that works. Bug is open to Mono: https://github.com/mono/mono/issues/9883

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Yes you will need to completely remove current version of mono and any references to it before reinstalling Mono 3.X.

It is a bit of a PITA. While doing this make sure that Homeseer is in OFF mode.

remove extra stuff first like:

sudo apt remove --purge mono-vbmc
    sudo apt remove --purge --auto-remove mono-runtime
    sudo apt-get purge libmono* libgdiplus cli-common libglitz-glx1 libglitz1
    sudo rm -rf usr/lib/mono /usr/local/bin/mono /usr/local/etc/mono /usr/local/lib/mono

Then remove any references you installed in /etc/apt to new MONO.

Then reinstall old version of mono that you had running. Google mono installation of old versions.

You will need to add /etc/apt references to the old mono.

Then run your old copy of Homeseer and export your stuff. Put it on a USB stick or an easy to access location. Then update mono and run Homeseer and import your stuff.

Leave a comment:

• bkobistek
    replied
    Thanks for the help. I restored the pre-mono-update configuration, but when I type "mono --version" it tells me the version is 5.16.0.179.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Exporting events to .json ( then importing of course..) was designed by homeseer for this exact situation you have here.

Edit : The option is there... but it should be more clearly advertised.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    IF yes : Return to your old backup on mono 3xxxx

1- Go to setup - Tools - Labs - Export events.

2- Update mono again to 5.xxxx

3- Go to setup - Tools - Labs - Import events.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    do you have a backup of your install on mono 3xxxx?

Leave a comment:

• bkobistek
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X