Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a limit on How many plug-ins can be run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post

Dual Xeon (8 Physical cores each) 64 GB RAM, 120TB Disk. It also runs Logitech Media Server, Plex, VWS, JRiver. CPU rarely ticks above 22% (except when Plex is doing multiple transcodes or indexing media).
    I used to run Blue Iris on Beast as well, but CPU started pegging when running a couple dozen HD cameras so I split BI out to a new box, appropriately christened as "Bride of Beast". She keeps Beast from getting lonely, keeps him warm at night, and backs him up. She's the same chassis and system board as Beast, but nearly everything is 2x or 4x the original Beast.

Dual Xeon (16 Physical + 16 Virtual Cores each) 256GB RAM, 180 TB Disk.

System is optimized for BI and Plex. I tiered the storage to minimize latency and reduce CPU load. Captures are made to a RAM DIsk...which spools to an M.2 drive, which spools to a SATA SSD, which cascades to a series of 8TB WD REDS.. Bride is also a Plex Server. CPU There also runs around 20-25% most of the time. Both Beast and Bride of Beast back key files up to each other and two Synology NAS boxes, and to two different unlimited cloud backup solutions. I know.... backups are for people who believe there will be a tomorrow.....but I believe....and I hate recreating data.

Like I said, I'm a bit of an edge case, and a hard core hardware whore. You can't have too much CPU, Disk or Memory.

Or too many plugins.

Leave a comment:

• metkhoo
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    I was joking lol.Bu .t you pc should at least be able to get 20 + plugins. What’s your cpu model exactly.
    Mine is a fanless Shuttle XPC-DS67U PC and with Celeron 3855U processor. Windows reports spec as i3-6100U @ 2.3GHz 2 cores, each with 2 threads (4 processors reported on Task Manaer) 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD

Somewhat more modest than yours

😊

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    I'm running 17 plug-ins on an i3. Total CPU usage is 15-25% with brief peaks of 40-50%. The plug-in exe's typically register 0% CPU usage each in a Task Manager snapshot..

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied

Dual Xeon (8 Physical cores each) 64 GB RAM, 120TB Disk.

...I'm a bit of an edge case... "
    Yeah. Ya think?

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Originally posted by metkhoo View Post

And what hardware does that run on please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dual Xeon (8 Physical cores each) 64 GB RAM, 120TB Disk. It also runs Logitech Media Server, Plex, VWS, JRiver. CPU rarely ticks above 22% (except when Plex is doing multiple transcodes or indexing media).

HS is currently around 5090 devices and just under 600 events.

I'm a bit of an edge case, and old school " it'll run if you just through enough hardware at it "

The Beast does like a reboot once every week or two or things can get a little wobbly.

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    I was joking lol.Bu .t you pc should at least be able to get 20 + plugins. What’s your cpu model exactly.

Leave a comment:

• metkhoo
    replied
    Originally posted by MattL0 View Post
    On a raspberry pi w
    Awesome! So my quad core 8GB/128GB windows 10 box should handle a fair few too
    🙂

Leave a comment:

• MattL0
    replied
    On a raspberry pi w

Leave a comment:

• metkhoo
    replied
    Currently running 77 plugins.
    And what hardware does that run on please...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Resistor
    replied
    Currently running 77 plugins.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Thinking now too that Microsoft is letting the user remove some built in applications from Windows 10 desktop.

Here also utilize Revo Uninstaller to remove the Microsoft Desktop eye candy. All this just makes your base install a bit lighter and more dedicated to running Homeseer 3.

Best as mentioned above is just to watch utilization.

Leave a comment:

• mrhappy
    replied
    No hard and fast rules really, if you have a decent system with a reasonable amount of RAM then you are unlikely to have issue with 10-20+ running. I'd say the majority of plugins in reality don't do what you would consider intensive tasks these days (bit of web downloading, few devices to update etc) so should have limited impact on the rest of the system.

​​​​​​Best thing is to try and see what happens...

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    This is a performance factor that is dependent on your hardware (CPU/Memory) and how much each plugin needs. Otherwise there is no defined limit for HS3 Standard or Pro only for HS3-Pi

Leave a comment:

• lpitman
    started a topic Is there a limit on How many plug-ins can be run?

Is there a limit on How many plug-ins can be run?

How many plug-ins can be run in a HomeSeer Windows 10 PC ? Do you have to worry about degradation if you have decent CPU and memory?
Working...
X