Plug-in Module with energy reporting and handle 20Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plug-in Module with energy reporting and handle 20Amps

Does anyone know of a Plug-in module that can handle 20Amps and has energy reporting?

Aeon one does up to 40Amp -- https://www.amazon.com/Aeotec-Securi.../dp/B00MBIRF5W

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
      I specifically asked about plug-in module. I'm aware of the GE, Aeotec, GoControl (linear) all hard wired options.. Geat... not useful for multi-thousand municipal deployment.

Comment

All consumer plug-ins that I have seen are capped at 15A per US code regulations as that is the safe limit for 14 gauge wire common in households as per NEC rules. Technically 14 gauge can carry 32A without issues, but for 20A the gauge needs to be 12 in the US.

Does your municipal deployment follow NEC regulations and has 12 gauge in use?

Then there is the issue that 20A equipment usually requires a better connector, such as the NEMA-5-20 plugs or popular NEMA-L5-30 ones, and you can simply buy those individually and screw them to the Aeon or alike adapter and turn it into a plug-in model.

Comment

Additionally, if we're talking multi-thousand deployment perhaps AeoTec is willing to do a "OEM version" with the cables (plug/outlet) already fitted.

Comment

Guys. Specific use is for EV Chargers which are 20Amp outlets. This is for a utility company so they follow strict code. I don't implement "hacked" piece-meal solutions for customers.

Here I found these that fit the bill

https://bosscontrols.com/product/boss-220-smart-plug/

Comment

That one comes prefitted with NEMA-5-20 plug, so interesting find.

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
                That one comes prefitted with NEMA-5-20 plug, so interesting find.
                This meets the bill for what we were asked to find. Working on contacting to get their API

Comment

Working...
                X