Remotec ZXT-600

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remotec ZXT-600

Is anyone using the Remotec ZXT-600? I am looking at it for my MrCool mini-split heat pumps.

Originally posted by Rut Row View Post
    Is anyone using the Remotec ZXT-600? I am looking at it for my MrCool mini-split heat pumps.
    I have 4 of them controlling my LG mini-splits. They work very well. The only downside is that they do not know what mode the units are in, they simply send IR commands. If you use these as well as the supplied remote, they will be out of sync.

Comment

thanks. I'll get one and try it. And thanks for the tip about the remote.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
        I have 4 of them controlling my LG mini-splits. They work very well. The only downside is that they do not know what mode the units are in, they simply send IR commands. If you use these as well as the supplied remote, they will be out of sync.
        Hi Randy,

I'm looking into getting these units also, what do they look like in the HomeSeer interface? Most split systems have very basic temperature settings in that you can't tell the unit "set for 73 deg" in that the IR codes are usually presets like "72, 74, 76, etc", at least that's how my Fujitsus operate.

Any insights appreciated.

Comment

I have been 'experimenting' with the ZXT-600. I also have 2 ZXT-120's.

The ZXT-600 is actually less functional than the ZXT-120, which has been confirmed by Remotec who make these products. While the ZXT-600 is a Gen5 Zwave device and supports more HVAC units it actually has few functions for each unit it supports. Case in point there is no 'dry air' or 'auto change over' option for our Fujitsu system on the ZXT-600, which there is with the ZXT-120. And there are a fewer fan speed settings. We actually use the dehumidifier function ('dry air') of our HVAC quite a bit. So not having this is a real pain.

Remotec say this is because in order to support more units they had the limit the number of settings for each unit they support due to memory limitations in the device. Here's their response to a support ticket I submitted on the matter:

we couldn't upgrade on ZXT-600. the most important reason we don't support auto changeover is that we want to cover AC model as many as possible. this is a not a major function for most of users, and also due to the current chipset does not allow us to put larger size of library. we have to compromise from the perspective of design. if we supported this function which will enlarge the size, that means we cannot support too many model. consider on these points, we didn't support as same as ZXT-120. hope you understand our pain. yes we are developing a new model ZXT-800.
          Interestingly they say they are developing a new product...the ZXT-800.

Here's a screen shot of the ZXT-120 (node 45) and the ZXT-600 (node 49) devices after they have been included in HS Zwave network.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-08-08.png Views:	0 Size:	319.2 KB ID:	1409450

You can see fewer setpoints and fewer fan speeds with the ZXT-600 (node 49).

So...in summary while the ZXT-600 may be Gen5 and operate at 100k in the Zwave network it is less functional than the ZXT-120, even though it mas a lager code library supporting a large variety of HVAC units.
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

mminehan thanks for this write-up, this helps me tremendously in helping me decide how to control my Fujitsu splits. The knowledge sharing is very much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X