Controlling LG TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling LG TV

Got a new LG Thin Q TV that I can control the on and off from Alexa. I have an Alexa routine called “Goodnight” that turns the tv off and triggers an HS event that turns off all the house lights in 5 minutes. I’d also like this same routine to turn down the volume to a low preset level before powering down, but I don’t see a way of doing it via Alexa devices.

The smartphone app lets you change the volume, so it seems that other controls exist for it via the cloud. I also don’t see presence for LG TV control via IFTTT.

At present, is there a way of doing this that I’m not seeing? I don’t currently have a Harmony so that’s probably not an option.

Thx!

Originally posted by kwolter View Post
    Got a new LG Thin Q TV that I can control the on and off from Alexa. I have an Alexa routine called “Goodnight” that turns the tv off and triggers an HS event that turns off all the house lights in 5 minutes. I’d also like this same routine to turn down the volume to a low preset level before powering down, but I don’t see a way of doing it via Alexa devices.

The smartphone app lets you change the volume, so it seems that other controls exist for it via the cloud. I also don’t see presence for LG TV control via IFTTT.

At present, is there a way of doing this that I’m not seeing? I don’t currently have a Harmony so that’s probably not an option.

Thx!
    Did you try out the MediaController PI?

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Did you try out the MediaController PI?
      I had no idea this existed. Thanks for the suggestion. Got it working! Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
      X