Homeseer X10 Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer X10 Newbie

Hello all. Been running X10 stuff since it's inception. Currently have 32 devices and will keep them as my installation is pretty solid using Home Control Assistant via a 2413U interface. I need to switch software platforms as Alexa cloud support and software support is going away. Homeseer seems like the best fit as it allows thru plugins access to my other automated stuff. Looking to also add DSC alarm via envisalink4, MyQ garage door, Govee temp & humidity sensor, Integra amp, 8 cameras, nest thermostat, all with Alexa integration. Might start adding new stuff thru Zwave in the future. Look forward to learning from all of you. Cheers!

I'm not sure what a 2413U interface is, it that your X-10 interface? I use a TI-103 and a lot of people use the TW-523's and such. HS has great X-10 support with the free plugin for it. You'll have to ask mfisher as to if the plugin supports the 2413U. But so far I haven't see any X-10 that couldn't be handled.

As for the rest of what you want to do, everything you listed (not sure about the Integra amp as I have a Denon which works great BTW) is already supported by HomeSeer either natively or with a plugin.

Comment

2413U is the newest usb x10 powerline interface. It is a combo x10/insteon that can do both. Been playing with the Homeseer software. Compared to my old software it does integration of other devices easier thru plugins, but is much more cumbersome to do event triggers or timers. I wish Amazon would not kill the cloud support for it to Alexa. I think mfishers insteon plugin will work for this interface. I see that plugin is going away for nest thermostate support. One of the main reasons to stay with my x10 is I cannot find 220v 2 pole switches in any other format as cheap as the x10 switch I use to control two pool pumps on 220v @ 20 amp.

Comment

Hello shennecke, welcome to HomeSeer! The X10 plugins that I manage support the use of the following hardware interfaces:
        X10 CM11a (and equivalents) - serial
        Act Ti103 (and equivalents) - serial
        X10 CM15a - USB

I am sorry to say that these plugins do not support the PowerLinc V2 (2414U) Insteon interface. You'll probably want to have a look at the Insteon plugin by Mark Sandler as I believe his plugin supports this interface.
        Best regards,
        -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
        Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Comment

mfisher, up and running with a CM11a and 32 X10 devices. My X10 setup is rock solid and has been running for many years. I like that the modules are still relatively cheap compared to other hardware formats. Also use two modules that switch 220v 30 amp that I can't find anything close to for the price. I might start dabbling with some Z wave stuff for kicks. Thanks for your help. Their should be a Forum for X10 users on here!

Comment

Working...
          X