Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor
    replied
    Is there a way to make this work on a client via HStouch?

I have a touch screen with media player and i would like to be able to controll it from hstouch.

Raptor

Leave a comment:

• MBenzo
    replied
    Is there any way to import the current track info into a virtual device? Or would this have to be accomplished via the plugin?

TIA
    Matt

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey Fireball,

From what little I have been able to work with it, it has done quite well. It still needs a bit of tweaking, though. Mainly just the timing and order of commands.

This is being used to dim the lights and fade background music for watching films outdoors on our deck and had become a "Betcha can't / Bet I can" contest between my wife and me. She thought the idea of watching films outside was ridiculous, and had told her co-workers that soon I would have the deck wired for sound and dimming the lights like a movie theater. So I had to "one-up" her by throwing some X-10 tricks into the fold too. She has now resolved herself to simply rolling her eyes. Secretly though, she enjoys it whether she admits it or not.

A hollow victory, but a victory nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You're welcome outrbanx. Has that worked out ok for you? Does it go down quickly enough? I have my system go through a similiar routine every night with my receiver where it resets the volume in each zone so I won't be blasted/not hear the morning music but it takes a few minutes for it to work properly.
    Curiously waiting.......

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Duh! I'm sorry. I didn't even think to just repeat the command a few times in the script.

Geez, it's been a while since I've done any scripting with Homeseer, but you'd think that the obvious would have at least come to mind.

Thanks, Fireball!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi Glenn,
    Sorry for not checking back in here sooner. I'm using 5.08 and all the commands work perfectly in it. I know there's a newer version out there but I haven't messed around with it. If it ain't broke and all that...........
    outrbanx, just use the keystrokes mentioned above to turn it all the way down. If you want it to go slower use the waitsecs commands. May not be as nice and smooth as you like but hey, it should at least work.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Does anyone know of there is a command to fade the volume in Windows Media Player completely down and a command to bring it back up, preferably at a selectable rate?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Winamp

What version are you using?
    I could not get those commands to work for me so I went back to WMP.

I like the skip ahead or back 5 sec. in Winamp.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi all, just thought I'd add a few more commands for Winamp.

To go to the next track

sub main()
    hs.keys "b","Winamp",1
    end sub

and to go back to the last one

sub main()
    hs.keys "z","Winamp",1
    end sub

or if you just want to pause

sub main()
    hs.keys "c","Winamp",1
    end sub

Hope this helps..........

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Leave a comment:

• TrOjAn
    replied
    Originally posted by glennscott
    I looked into all the ideas. Some are really nice, as was the MCS plugin, but my PC is slow and the post from Rupp worked best for me at this time.

Thanks to all for helping me out.

Glenn
    Happy Seer

PS: I also made a few changes to it. I made a script to do next and prev track and Vol up and down. Too Cool!
    Glen,

care to post the final hacked version you have? I like to see what people are doing

TrOjAn

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Thanks to all

I looked into all the ideas. Some are really nice, as was the MCS plugin, but my PC is slow and the post from Rupp worked best for me at this time.

Thanks to all for helping me out.

Glenn
    Happy Seer

PS: I also made a few changes to it. I made a script to do next and prev track and Vol up and down. Too Cool!

Leave a comment:

• Stevech
    replied
    there will be a $0.50 charge for reading these scripts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey, sweet! I didn't use this for WMP but was able to modify it enough that I can now control Winamp. Thanks!!!! In case you're wondering, here is the code for the same functions, just transferred to Winamp. First is to start it, second is to end it.

sub main()
    hs.launch "C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp.exe",""
    hs.waitsecs 2
    hs.keys "x","Winamp",1
    end sub

And then when you want it to stop just use this code

sub main()
    hs.keys "v","Winamp",1
    end sub

See, we all win when we share!

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    GlennScott,
    I posted these a while back and finally found them. They are 2 scripts that you can call from within HS.

This is the start code...
    Code:
    sub main()
      hs.launch "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe",""
      hs.waitsecs 2
      hs.keys "%(PP)","Windows Media Player",1
    end sub

This is the stop code ....

Code:
    sub main()
      hs.keys "%(PS)","Windows Media Player",1
    end sub