Web Calendar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web Calendar

OK folks, got in trouble from the other half for double booking weekends. On one weekend I have my daughters birthday, drill, and I'm supposed to be out of state. Unless I can travel the speed of light it ain't happening. so.....

I want to make a editable web calendar availble to all PC's in the house. I wish Maestro's calendar would work but it really isn't suited for loggin appointments. Anyone out there have any experience doing this? IIS based or internal web engines?

thanks ya'll
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Check out the new yahoo mail with calander.
    does every thing you want and more.
    there are others on the internet too but this is the one I use.
    easy FREE solution.

Comment

I too use Yahoo calendar because it can be accessed from anywhere anytime you have inet access.
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

You may also want to look at Google Calendar, it also can coordinate with multiple users so that each family member can keep their own calendar but also have them all see common events.

Comment

I use Google Calendar and love it. It believe it supports RSS so all you would need is a clever script to pares the feed and manage the data.

I would love to see something like this!

Comment

I looked at Yahoo's calendar, but decided on AirSet (www.airset.com ). I've actually got it set up as the home page for my wife and I and both kids at home, and my kids are using the blog for keeping track of things they want credit for (chores and such).

Steve

Comment

Google, has a gdata api, which allows you to read and write your calendar data using .net

I've played around with it a little bit contemplating making a plugin for homeseer, but I think I might be in over my head. If some people would be willing to take on this project with me, I'd go for it, but alone I just wouldn't have the time.

I think oos would be a good idea if several people get involved.

Any takers?
              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I am very interested in a solution (had a similar double book problem with my wife...she ended up with the short end of the stick while I went mountain bike riding and bunji jumping with some friends)

Her solution: I am obligated to compare my pocket pc/outlook calendar to her *gasp* paper calendar hanging on the wall in the kitchen. I told her how difficult this was for me, being a HA geek and all, but after the fun I had bunji jumping, my WAF was pretty low. For now, I keep my Pocket PC / outlook current, and compare to her calendar.

the most amazing thing has happened...we started talking to each other about things we have going on, it is quite fun actually! The geek in me still wants to automate something, I'd like to figure out a way to have a real time exchange of info between my pocket pc/laptop and the hs machine, which should serve up a calendar (editable?) on various touch panels via Maestro, announce upcoming events via whole house audio, etc. Nothing new, really, except that I'd like it to be:

editable via hs/Maestro
                easily syncable w/ other computers/pocket pc

I know there is a lot of interest in this subject, I'll definitely be watching this thread!!!!
                Plugins:
                BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I had made a suggestion in the Maestro forum a while back asking if the Maestro calendar could be used for this function instead of displaying events. They replied back that it was possible and mentioned something about tying it into outlook.
                  HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Here's another post I've been watching, to see if this may all actually converge into utopia:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=114429
                    Plugins:
                    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Joe,

Funny you should mention the Google Calendar plug-in. I was thinking about that, too, and was just looking at their API last week. The library they have available is in C# (VS 2003), so I think it would have to be compiled to a DLL to reference it from a VB.Net plug-in, no? Have you seen any vb.net samples of interaction with Google Calendar?

--David

Comment

I was playing around with using it from VB.net 2005

I don't know c# well enough to write it, but I know it well enough read it and convert it to vb.net.

It was almost over a month ago when I was last playing with it. I didn't get very far, other than cycle through an object reading my next few calendar events. That's about it.

I'll see if I can dig it up.
                        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Hey, Joe.

I'm in the same boat as you with C#. I have VS 2005, as well. Perhaps we could collaborate on something? I was primarily interesting in getting something really simple set up, such as announcement of daily activities, or triggering the running of scripts. I thought a plug-in could once a day, or on demmand, communicate with Google Calendar to get a list of planned events, and then maintain the list internally in a collection for processing until the next time a pull was made from Google.

Comment

I think we should start something up.

Have you ever used svn? or TortoiseSVN?
                            http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/

I've got a sever setup, it's really simple to make update and have multiple people working on an application at same time. It integrates with windows explorere, and you can just right click on a folder and commit changes or get latest etc. (it's a versioning control system similar to sourcesafe, however FREE)

I can create a project, or we can use some other version control system if you like.
                            Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

No No No!!!

Have we forgotten about Sparkman's calendar? Intergrates with HomeSeer, web based, it is perfect, been running it for years. One of the best freebees ever on the board.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=95611

~Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X