Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bpm32 View Post
    Hi Steve,

I used to work in VB6 a few years back but never had any proper training, so I'm sure anything I would try would be more of a hindrance for you than a help.

With what you've gotten to this point, do your MS Outlook appointments show up on your Google calendar (and vice verse)?

Ultimately, I'm looking for a way to enter an appointment on my handheld, my Google calendar, or MS Outlook and have it "magically" appear on all three. To top it off, HS would pick it up and run with it too. Right now I can get it from my handheld to MS Outlook/HS with no problems, but I can't get it to Google calendar reliably.

I know... give me an inch and I'll take a mile. Sounds like the students I work with on a daily basis too!

Brian
    No, my program pulls icard/vcard appointments and appointment-sounding emails and creates this consolidated HTML web page for the HS server. It doesn't try to synch back to the sources. As I recall, either Google or Yahoo doesn't support icard/vcard. There is an IETF RFC defining icard/vcard. I used in in coding my VB6 program. That RFC is a real bear.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
      Steve

I would love to try out your code for this reminder/web page.

Thanks
      Any thoughts from anyone re how the HS interface should work, for reminder alarms?
      I have to add some record of alarm-was-triggered so that the program behaves correctly when restarted.

Comment

steve,
        what's the status of this. I'm looking for a good google calendar option that would hopefully pull in other calendar platforms as well (hs would be nice, but not a must). was searching HS board and found this. is it "active"?
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Nothing ever happened with the google calendar. I use google calendar a ton now and still would like to do it, but I just don't have the time to integrate it with homeseer by myself.
          Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I have been wanting a better calendarreminder option. I am using tcCal now, and it is pretty, but doesn't deal with recurring announcements very well.

One thought i had was to use google calendar, then read the data into a database via rss feed, but unfortunately google xml output does not handle recurring events really well.
            HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

google calendar now syncs just fine with outlook, they have a download for that that will do it automatically. So now I can sync perfectly with my phone, so it's a little less necessary than before, however it sure would be cool for homeseer to know about my next set of events.
              Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                google calendar now syncs just fine with outlook, they have a download for that that will do it automatically. So now I can sync perfectly with my phone, so it's a little less necessary than before, however it sure would be cool for homeseer to know about my next set of events.
                Have you tried the pjcOutlook plugin?

~Bill

Comment

Anyone integrated Google Callendar with HS?

As my wife is getting into more professional business, we really need to synchronize our appointments, meetings and other things so they don't clash.
                  I really like the Google calendar, but I'd love to integrate it into HS so every morning we both can have announcements for everything what is suppose to happen that particular day. I'm presently using another reminder plugin that is perfect for announcements and trackings birthdays, anniversaries etc, but not too good for day to day activities. I'm, willing to pay for decent plugin that would integrate the Google Calendar with HS. Anyone got it working??
                  Pretty PLEASE??

Comment

I don't use the google calender but I do just what you're talking about with Outlook. My wife gets announcements the night before and we both get them as part of the morning routine. You know where to look.
                    Marty
                    ------
                    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

Well, the beauty of the Google calendar is that you can access it from anywhere and any computer.

Comment

I guess I'm so used to using a smartphone of one type or another, I'm used to having my calender on me so no need to access. I only use the "other plug-in" to show our schedules on HST and to announce the schedule in my morning routine.
                        Marty
                        ------
                        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
                        Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

could sync google with outlook, and outlook to homeseer. extra steps and lots of overhead, but would probably work.
                          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                            could sync google with outlook, and outlook to homeseer. extra steps and lots of overhead, but would probably work.
                            Yeah, I might look into that for now.
                            Thanks for the suggestions!
                            Marty

Comment

My Google view

HI all.

I just want to add a little post about how i use google cal in hstouch. it works a treat.
                              I made a screen with the html from the google embeddable calendar helper available from the settings page in google cal.

The good thing is that it has an agenda view as well as a cal view.

I will try and post a pic of it in hstouch soon.

I hope tis helps you.

Greig
                              Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                              X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
                              Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                              Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                              Scripts =
                              Various

Comment

I thought about doing that, but never got around to putting it on my touchscreens. I've got my hockey calendar embedded in my webpage at:
                                http://frozenice.com/index.php?action=hockey

You have a fair amount of options, like which calendar, to show the tabs or not, and several other things.

One major concern here is that you have to "share" your calendar out on the web, and I'm not sure I'd want my person calendar publicly available (I know I wouldn't post the link anywhere, but the possibility to see it IS there)
                                Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Working...
                                X