Woot Alert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Steve.

As you said, announcements could be a problem. This is why I added the WootTrigger.txt script which is also triggered if configured to do so.

You can use this as an interface to more suitable visual aids (such as the betabrite) as i pass the title & description of the item to be used. You could also use it to trigger an event..... to flash a light or something

Dan,

Thanks for the explanation!
    Jon

Comment

Well, I've been using this script for about a day now during the W00t-off (although I only got my audreys making the announcement tonight), and everything looks good! I guess I can't complain too much about pronunciation of some of the items :-)

thanks again for doing this!

Comment

On another note, I agree that the so-called 'fluff', as you say, was most helpful. Furthermore, your code was the best written I've seen (albeit, I've only seen a limited number of scripts). I actually now use your code as my VB.NET baseline as I only know C, Fortran, and Perl.

Comment

Delicious,

I'm going to be posting a script that massages webpages to fit on the Audrey.

Specifically for weatherXML stuff. Just a head's up, I would appreciate some help testing to make certain it works well.

--Dan
          Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

I'm happy to help, but it probably won't be until after the weekend that I get to work on this stuff again. Plus, I'm really new with HomeSeer, so I'm not totally clear on how customizing webpages works. If you could post pretty specific instructions to get me started, I'll follow them when I get the time. Sorry about being such a party pooper.

Comment

That's not being a party pooper.

That's being honest. I'd rather you tell me what you need so you can help. Besides, you will learn much by asking, especially on this board.

I remember my first post. Something to the effect of what receiver to use.

I had so many replies and so much help it was GREAT!

Now, I consider myself to really be in the know, yet I learn so much each day from other's questions.

I just jumped at the chance as I saw you have Audreys. My biggest complaint is I love them as they have LEDs you can blink, are cheap, and with Michael's plugin are REALLY an asset to use with HS. I've toyed with the idea of using other touch panels, but the only thing that seem to maybe come close is the Chumby (not for sale yet and does NOT have the LEDS). So, I use the Audrey which cannot "see" css.

So, I've been working on some scripts that will allow me to continue to use the fancy CSS webpages. Then, in the backround convert them to a format (mostly of my disgretion) that the Audrey can "see" colorize properly and format things to fit the 800x600 screen, instead of requiring a 1024x768 screen as most touch screens have.

I was planning on getting a whole package together at some point so people can just d/l the package, pick the components they want (if you use WeatherXML, use the WeatherXML section, if you use some sort of quickview.asp page, use that package, if you use TCCAL, use that converter, comics.asp, etc.).

I thought it beneficial as a lot of us are starting to use PPC/Cellphones, as well as the group of us that are still using Audreys.

Thanks, I don't plan to have anything done until this weekend anyhow. I'll let you know when I get things together. The first one I'm releasing only does WeatherXML. My other scripts work, however are not in a state for others to use (no "good" comments, examples, things are hardcoded as I was experimenting, no "good" error detection, graceful catches for errors, etc.)

--Dan
              Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
                Well, I've been using this script for about a day now during the W00t-off (although I only got my audreys making the announcement tonight), and everything looks good! I guess I can't complain too much about pronunciation of some of the items :-)

thanks again for doing this!
                That's nice to know it's working OK using the RSS feed. Looks like my first stab was good

Originally posted by DeLicious View Post
                On another note, I agree that the so-called 'fluff', as you say, was most helpful. Furthermore, your code was the best written I've seen (albeit, I've only seen a limited number of scripts). I actually now use your code as my VB.NET baseline as I only know C, Fortran, and Perl.
                Thanks Adam,

When I first got Homeseer, I downloaded several scripts from this Message board. Most had no documentation and assumed you knew how to modify scripts to suit your situation. At this time I had zero programming skills so spent ages trying to work things out!

Now that my programming has improved slightly and able to offer scripts to others, I consider documentation to be just as important as the script. Not only does it assist those who were in my situation, it saves a whole bunch of time people posting questions!
                Jon

Comment

One thing I wanted to do was add email notification. This has now been done.

V1.01 is now available for download on my site.
                  Jon

Comment

Is this still working? I just installed this the other day and it worked for a day or two but then I had to do a restore point. I was supprised at the amount of stuff that went missing from doing the restore point. Anyway the woot is giving me the wrong information in my device. I see they are doing some reporting from the CES and maybe the format of Woot's RSS feed has changed. Which is it? My woot install is messed up or Woot made a change?
                    John

Comment

Woot Alert Still Working?

It looks like it has been some time since this was developed, but wondering if it is still working for everyone. I am getting an error whenever it tries to read the woot.vb script:

Error - Script compile error: Type 'XmlNode' is not defined.on line 51

The HS log then displays what appears to be the woot.vb script in the log.

Any Ideas...?

Comment

Its working for me.
                        John

Comment

Working...
                        X