X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dschoppe
    replied
    Originally posted by tmcgowan View Post
    Would you mind sharing how you trained your dog to push the button?

Actually, it sounds like ldragon's dog trained him. After all, who is running to the door when the button is pressed?

I know my dogs would get a kick out of the button. For certain they'd press it repeatedly just to watch me jump!

Leave a comment:

• tmcgowan
    replied
    Originally posted by ldragon99 View Post
    I did this same thing. I taught my dog to press the button when he needs to go outside to do his business. Then I have HS announce that Scout (My dog) has to go outside. There is also one on the front porch, that he hits when he wants to come back in. Saves scratching on the door, whining or barking.... Oh and guests find it to be the funniest thing in the world.
    Would you mind sharing how you trained your dog to push the button?

Leave a comment:

• ldragon99
    replied
    For my dog

I did this same thing. I taught my dog to press the button when he needs to go outside to do his business. Then I have HS announce that Scout (My dog) has to go outside. There is also one on the front porch, that he hits when he wants to come back in. Saves scratching on the door, whining or barking.... Oh and guests find it to be the funniest thing in the world.

Leave a comment:

• fran_joel
    replied
    Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    That's a great idea! I'd have to confess, though, "that was easy" doesn't always apply to HA! I love the demo idea, though...and everyone knows an easy button, so it would be a good way to get intrest
    Actually, I'm thinking about doing the same thing... although probably not with an Easy Button

I get so many questions about the HA system... With a demo, I'll let the system explain what it does for itself...

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    That's a great idea! I'd have to confess, though, "that was easy" doesn't always apply to HA! I love the demo idea, though...and everyone knows an easy button, so it would be a good way to get intrest

Leave a comment:

• fran_joel
    replied
    Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    anyone has some novel ideas as to what the easy button could trigger...mainly for the "wow" factor with guests...novelty item and all.
    You could setup a series of events combined with speech to perform a demo of your home automation system when the red button is pressed...

Leave a comment:

• dem5867
    replied
    How about using one of the Big Reds from X10 ...

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Completly, that was one of my first hacks!

it's not too hard, just open 'er up and hook it up!

I didn't think to hook up a DS10A to it. I actually took apart a keypad and wired that in.

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    That's cool! I was thinking about seeing if I could hook it up to Alfred directly by basically installing a cheap computer mic in it, and running the mic to AlfredPC, and maybe the switch would just activate the mic.

I was also thinking about having it initiate the "where the heck are all the phone's" event which rings the phones, so they can be located...cause we use the phones for most of our VR

Leave a comment:

• JeffCharger
    replied
    maybe you could have it automatically order your printing supplies

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    http://www.metacafe.com/watch/377612...what_you_want/

then

http://www.kipkay.com/easy.html

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    started a topic Ds10a and staples easy button

Ds10a and staples easy button

I was at staples the other day and picked up an easy button. Figured I'd hack it and install a ds10a so that it can be a basic trigger for an event. the kids dig the idea, and the wife wants it to be a "we're finally ready for school and leaving" button. I told her I have an event that triggers automatically based on time, doors, etc, with everything she'd want the button to do. Wondering if
    1. anyone has hacked an easy button
    2. anyone has some novel ideas as to what the easy button could trigger...mainly for the "wow" factor with guests...novelty item and all.
Working...
X