Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czechmarty
    replied
    LOL completely forgot about this thread.
    Don, I crossed the age. BAD picture!! LMAO

Leave a comment:

• drozwood90
    replied
    Originally posted by Czechmarty View Post
    Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider comes to my mind.... LOL

Quite few people actually advised me to get conceal permit, especially consider the fact I live in the middle of nowhere. I will have to do some research what I have to do to get it.....
    you live in Forida. you pay $25 to the local sherif. done.

(NY is different prepare for your rectal exam)

--Dan

Leave a comment:

• sdanks
    replied
    Well, I was burglarized about a month ago. This time I had one camera up with the DVR running, and Bad guy #1 came up on my front porch, looking down and felt around for the camera, and knocked it to the side. Good Lord was looking out for us, and the camera focused on the window on the semi-enclosed front porch, and got a beautiful reflection off the window and you can see them walking up and down the front stairs thinking that the camera was pointing away from them. I made a copy for the police, and when the detective got it, they gave a copy to the local Fox affiliate, and they aired it along with an interview of me. The day after, they had the name of one of the suspects and they went out and picked him up. He rolled over on the other guy, and I got half of my stuff back. Next Friday I go to their prelim hearing, but I wish I could charge back the cost of my system to them.

What I think I will do is hide a few cameras around the property and have this one visible. I will put one looking at the house so when they hit the visible one, and turn around, it will get a good picture of them next time. I bought this because someone stole my Sony Bravia 52" HDTV out of my house a year ago while we slept. I now arm the alarm at night, and am using Homeseer to put together many other presence detectors outside and warnings to me inside if someone is on the property. We live at the end of a culdesac and next to a water retension pond, so no one sees someone breaking into the South side of our house. That is where alot of my security needs to go.

But I got them this time. . . . . Yes I'm a Reserve Police Officer and that is me.
    http://www.fox23.com/mediacenter/loc...?videoId=41046

Leave a comment:

• Czechmarty
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Brower View Post
    He carries a cross and a gun - he's covered two ways

Gotta love those gun totin' Christians.
    Clint Eastwood in Pale Rider comes to my mind.... LOL

Quite few people actually advised me to get conceal permit, especially consider the fact I live in the middle of nowhere. I will have to do some research what I have to do to get it.....

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    Clingin' to my religion and my gun....hmm. :-)

Leave a comment:

• Bill Brower
    replied
    Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    Welcome to the club!
    But then, I've got my concealed carry permit also
    He carries a cross and a gun - he's covered two ways

Gotta love those gun totin' Christians.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    Yeah!!! Gotta luv that one!

Leave a comment:

• nightwalker
    replied
    I should be part of this club too, I have a motion sensor controlled water sprayer in my yard that douses the little dears if they're not where they belong.

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    Welcome to the club!

I'd park in front of their house when they are home and call 911. when they answer i'd be like, "help, I've been robbed." and stay there blocking the driveway until the cops show up. But then, I've got my concealed carry permit also

Hello guys,
    I just found this thread and join the "grumpy old men" club
    Few weeks ago some little punks broken into my garage and stole few gas tanks and weed eater. Caps almost laughed at us when we ask them what they can do about it. We even told them who probably did it and where they live (we saw the gas tanks without the caps (lost by our fence) in their yard), but apparently they couldn't catch anyone home...... hmmm...

Neil,
    Did you had a chance to post some of the night pictures??

Cheers
    Marty

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good luck with your cameras. From my experiences, they didn't turn out to be as helpful as you see from an episode of Law and Order. There are a bunch of problems.

1) The cameras tend to be wide angle, which means they cover lots of area, but if your "suspect" isn't close, they will be pretty small in the image.
    2) Yes, you cameras trigger with motion, but usually you need to set them so sensitive, that any tree moving or bug or bird going by sets them off. After the fact, it may take you hours to actually find the image of what you are looking for.
    3) Even with IR lighting, the cameras don't work great at night, especially more than 20 ft. away.
    4) You have to routinely clean the lenses of cameras mounted outside.
    5) Cameras exposed to high temp extremes fail often outside.
    6) Even if you capture a picture of some crime and someone doing it, depending where you live, most police departments couldn't care less that you have a "picture" of the crime. (Unless its a very serious crime.)

We had several crimes occur when I had a camera monitored home. For one reason or another, they never caught a crime in progress. If you know EXACTLY what your watching for, they may be helpful, but otherwise you might be better off to take the $1000 and buy some extra homeowners insurance.

Leave a comment:

• neiltimms
    replied
    Neil,

Cheers
    Marty
    No, not yet, been quite a crazy month. I will try and get some to post tonight or tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• Czechmarty
    replied
    Hello guys,
    I just found this thread and join the "grumpy old men" club
    Few weeks ago some little punks broken into my garage and stole few gas tanks and weed eater. Caps almost laughed at us when we ask them what they can do about it. We even told them who probably did it and where they live (we saw the gas tanks without the caps (lost by our fence) in their yard), but apparently they couldn't catch anyone home...... hmmm...

Neil,

Cheers
    Marty

Leave a comment:

• neiltimms
    replied
    Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
    so then i could set up some events to send an ir command from my secu16-ir to the dvr that would select how/what the dvr displays on the webserver ip address?
    Exactly,

i will try and get a screen shot of it running in Maestro tonight (if it works).

Leave a comment:

• completelyhis
    replied
    Bill,
    that's REALLY funny!!! LOL, i'm still chuckling. well done!

Leave a comment:

• Bill Brower
    replied
    Originally posted by jackpod View Post
    Oh, I can complain, about those in my age group 50's and those in their 40's and those in their 30's and those in their 20's and the teenagers, and the screaming spoiled little rug rats that their parents drag around in public places when they should be in cages

man I need some cheese to go with that whine
    Sounds like you need a large place in Arizona with a gate and a long driveway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X